• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snohomish County Council Video

amzbrady

imported post

Can I get a vote to pass a law that its a against the law to pass a county law that is against state law.

Open statement, RCW, 9.41.300 can not carry in schools, jails, courtrooms, "liquor stores???" and mental facilities. Crap, I carry in the liqour store all the time.

Synthia Donaldson saidwe dont allowit in schools, or "hospitals???", or court rooms or "anything else". Does this woman live in our world?

Sharon Bankston asked whould you want your kids playing in a park with people carrying 357 magnums? OK, I carry a 9mm so I'm good to go, most of you carry a 45, so your good too. And be sure to watch out for people comming out of the pool carrying guns and wanting to altercate. We all know how the chlorine can mess with the mind. And if two kids are carting guns out of the pool, wouldnt you at that point think yes, I would want to protect myself against two kids who illegally have guns and didnt car about the gun ban in the first place. All the more reason to have a protective firearm. Places where children play are not good places for guns? We should protect our children? Freakin Duh, thats why we want guns in the parks, so we can protect our children. She doesnt want to get into a 2nd ammendment debate, but that is what is being infringed upon.

And the last lady, Terri Yongyen?? She's like Dr Suesses, the lorax who speaks for the trees. She comes speaking for the children, does she have a list of those children who wanted her to speak for them?She says the only voice children have are adults, I think not, my children do a pretty good job of speaking for themselves and if asked who they rely on to protect them they say Mommy and Daddy. Cops were gunned down and children were next on the list of one of the guys??? She also said there are 4 reasons to carry in a parks, planning on trouble ( I think not), expecting trouble (now days, maybe),in case theres trouble (Freakin nailed it), or they just want to carry a gun (yeahso, and the problem is?) She also said,A persons right to safety should trump a persons right to carry a gun, uh, for me that is one and the same. My right to carry a gun, means I have achieved the right to safety.

All in all, pretty pathetic council meeting.

Batousaii

imported post

I did like the one chair Speaker whoscolded the others for not voting to simply "follow the law". All in all, i think that members whovote tonot follow the law (or just remain silent in order to not) should be .....

"FIRED!"

- Clean out your desk and go join your gangster homies on the block who also don't care to follow the law.... Dawg...

sheesh, makes me sick, but still thumbs up for the one Chair Speaker.

:banghead:Bat.

P.S.

- Do kids really swim in pools with guns ??

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Here's what I got from the meeting....

OMG! PEOPLE PLAYING IN THE PARK WHEN SOMEONE IS CARRYING A GUN! OMG!!!

OMG!! KIDS PLAYING IN THE POOL AND STARTING A FIGHT AND THEY PULL GUNS OMG OMG !!! ONE11ONE!!

(ignore the fact that it'd be illegal for kids to be in possession or carry firearms, or conceal them, or use them)

Only children are at parks, and you shouldn't have a gun there...

families arent safe if there's a gun around!

guns aren't needed in a park!

A persons right to safety trumps a persons desire to carry a firearm!

The county council is pretty retarded..... 'lets continue to violate state law'...

tannerwaterbury

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Here's what I got from the meeting....

OMG! PEOPLE PLAYING IN THE PARK WHEN SOMEONE IS CARRYING A GUN! OMG!!!

OMG!! KIDS PLAYING IN THE POOL AND STARTING A FIGHT AND THEY PULL GUNS OMG OMG !!! ONE11ONE!!

(ignore the fact that it'd be illegal for kids to be in possession or carry firearms, or conceal them, or use them)

Only children are at parks, and you shouldn't have a gun there...

families arent safe if there's a gun around!

guns aren't needed in a park!

A persons right to safety trumps a persons desire to carry a firearm!

The county council is pretty retarded..... 'lets continue to violate state law'...

Yea I actually laughed pretty hard at that last lady who was having some really bizzare scenarios racing in her head, why the hell would 2 rival teams start shooting at each other just because the other team won? That is RIDICULOUS! Still, shows what those people REALLY believe happens with gun carriers.

tannerwaterbury

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
So we should REALLY freak them out and have an open carry sports day in the park, then. Two armed teams playing, oh I don't know, Croquet maybe!

I looked, that little pocket in the front of my swim suit isn't big enough for my gun, so the pool is out.

hey going OT here for a sec, notice that you have 1776 posts now? Well if you post again it will be gone, but still, pretty cool eh?

joeroket

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
So we should REALLY freak them out and have an open carry sports day in the park, then.  Two armed teams playing, oh I don't know, Croquet maybe!

I looked, that little pocket in the front of my swim suit isn't big enough for my gun, so the pool is out.

How about Bocce Ball too.

BTW did anyone notice that the asshat lady that did not want a gun fight after a swim meet mentioned a City park at a county council meeting. Forest Park is a City of Everett Park, not a Sno Co. Park. Not only was her thought process complete idiotic but she was not even talking about a county park.

kito109654

imported post

That was ridiculous. I will show up to a park meet any time, even if it's just a couple of people. The sooner the better. The more often, the better.