• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Pistol certificate

nviper

imported post

Will a NRA Basic Pistol Certificate issued from an out of state instructor be valid in Connecticut?

Edward Peruta

imported post

I believe the answer is YES, the NRA course is not state specific and Connecticut General Statutes do not mandate that the course be taken in Connecticut nor does it mandate that the certificate be issued in any particular time frame.

Old or New no matter where the course was taken it should be recognized and good for obtaining a Permit to Carry.

nviper

imported post

I have a friend who went down to get fingerprinted in Stratford and they would not accept his application due to the instructor being from out of state. This is good news.

Edward Peruta

imported post

Have your friend ask Lt. Proudfoot of the Stratford P.D. to show him the statutory authority which allows him to refuseNRA Cerification in Connecticut based on out of satetraining.