• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brian Blake WA Rep

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I got a couple replies from some representatives, they opposed the AWB, and any further gun control increase. However I did get a reply from Brian Blake a WA house democrat, who stated that he "supports the change", to which we are referring to a age reduction in the CPL requirements.

http://frpwa.com/?page_id=101

Even the fewest support, we need to build on!

Let's get to CALLING the WA legislators, emails aren't always taken too seriously!

Edit: Forgot to add contact info for Blake,

http://housedemocrats.wa.gov/members/blake/

kschmadeka

imported post

I'll be contacting him again too. If we can get some more statements of support out of him for reducing the CPL age to 18, we'll have something to build on as we contact others to join in.

Brian being a pro-gun democrat may help too, with many Republicans taking the gun issue by the horns (like I've dreamed of for years), some of them might be inspired to compete on this issue if he takes it up.

Please write to Brian at blake.brian@leg.wa.gov or Poosharker may not live to 21!

Kevin

sudden valley gunner

imported post

You guys are doing good work keep it up. Maybe you can design a pamphlet or flyer specifically targeted for voters in your age group. And start handing them out. Or leaving them in areas where guys your age hang out. Put a link to a PDF or word doc. here and we can print them out too.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

From: Countryman, Teri Jo (countryman.terijo@leg.wa.gov) on behalf of Hope, Rep. Mike (Hope.Mike@leg.wa.gov) Sent: Tue 1/19/10 8:09 AM

Thank you for writing. I will not be supporting this bill.

Thanks,
Mike

Not supporting proposed CPL age reduction , got his reply this morning.

kschmadeka

imported post

Mike Hope is a Republican from Lake Stevens who is alsoa Seattle cop. A Seattle cop is exactly what he sounds like here too.

I have a pretty good relationship with Kirk Pearson's office, he'd likely sign on after we have more support lined up.

A phamplet or flyercould be helpful, but I'm a fortysomething, if I go any place where I can pass them out to people in Poosharkers age categoryI'll get the cops called on me... I'll try to make one up soon anyhow, and anyone who knows people in that age group, or has kids, nieces or nephews this would concern, can try to get them involved.

Kevin

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Draft it up I am closer to your age, I'm in a college town and can drop some off at some places. I just gave some pamphlets to a local video shop here found out they are very libertarian, and he carries a .40 I think.

They would probably let me leave some flyers next to the ones for local bands.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

I wanted to make a flyer but I want to include the words from the proposed bill but it would be too long...I have a brochure but I am brain fried about it...should I just go with the flyer?

kschmadeka

imported post

I have a page for this project on my site, http://frpwa.com/?page_id=101 A special blog justfor thiswould be a good idea, my hands are pretty full at the moment though. I haven'tmessed around with twitter yet.

I'll try to work on a flyer tonight. At this point it doesn't look good for getting this moving this year, but we can stilldo the groundwork for next year.

P.S. Can anyone tell me why the system isn't sending me emails about topics I'm watching? It used to do that.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

From: Shea, Rep. Matt (Shea.Matt@leg.wa.gov) Sent: Wed 1/20/10 9:44 AM

I am a strong supporter of the right to bear arms. Consequently, I am strongly opposed to both HB 2477 (Gun Show Strict Liability) and SB6396 (banning so called "assault weapons"). According to the recent Supreme Court decision in Heller the right to bear arms is not just about self defense but is an import check against tyranny. In an effort to get government out of regulating our daily lives I have introduced several bills to protect the right to bear arms including HB 2709 the Washington Firearms Freedom Act and HB 2711 Right to Protection Act. They are hyperlinked for your reference. Thank you for the email and I greatly appreciate your well articulated input.

Sincerely,

Rep. Shea

joeroket

imported post

kschmadeka wrote:
A phamplet or flyercould be helpful, but I'm a fortysomething, if I go any place where I can pass them out to people in Poosharkers age categoryI'll get the cops called on me
Kevin
Why would this be? Do you have a court order requiring you to stay away from people 18-21? :lol: