• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Waterbury permit wait??

ddepedro

imported post

Hey Just wondering if anyone on here applied in waterbury for there permits, if so how long did it take them?. I applied December 10th for mine and I hear they really drag the process out.

Thanks

stacks04

imported post

a friend waited so long there he actually forgot about it. i happened to aska bout it one day maybe six months or so later and he called. they told him he they had no record of it and needed to bring all the paperwork down again. i had to re write the letter i wrote him. they really stink down there. stay on top of them.

ddepedro

imported post

Yea thats what I keep hearing from everyone. I'm gonna wait till Feb. 10th which will be the 8 week mark and then start Calling if I dont hear anything. I just don't want to hound them to the point that they get pissed and just put me at the bottom of the pile or worse deny me.

Thanks

Edward Peruta

imported post

Contact the Department of Public Safey State Police Bureau of Identifcation and inquire of Waterbury ever sumitted your fingerprint cards after you submitted your application in December. If they did, ask them when they sent out/returned the State and National Criminal History Records Check to Waterbury P.D..

Issuing authorities have ONE WEEK after receipt of the record checks to approve or deny your permit. If they got the records checks back and did not make a decsion, consider it a denial and file your appeal NOW with the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners in Hartford.

Ed Peruta

ddepedro

imported post

Just spoke with someone at the DPS and they said they did receive my fingerprints to be processed but thats all the info he can give me at tis time. He said they process the prints and send them back to waterbury.

dwayner79

imported post

I waited 13-14 weeks. Had the whole" we sent your stuff to the state and they never returned them..." bit. Took calling the Chief's office to get it done. When I did get my temp, it was backdated to the 8 week mark.

The records department of Waterbury is terrible. Stay on them. Glad to know there are more of us Waterbury residents with permits. Lord knows there are plenty of non-permitted carriers.

dynotime

imported post

Are you thinking on the North and South side of town?
Some time when I go to Home Depot or the Mall I am really fearful.
:cry: how sad is this.
Maybe it is my age, but going out at night in Waterbury is not what it use to be.
Good luck.

dwayner79

imported post

We are regularly at the YMCA by the green at night, then up 69 toward wolcott.

Fortunately, we live in East Mountain which is very quiet/safe/etc. We have no problem walking around the block, etc. But the area south and west of us (Home Depot area) is terrible.

I carry always, but I end up a little more aware in those areas of town. It is ashame.

robo44

imported post

Are you actually serious? Fearful in that area? My God if your scared in that part of Waterbury you have major problems dude. It's not the greatest but for Christ sake you should just stay home and lock yourself in and never go out. Where in God's name did you grow up?

dwayner79

imported post

Republican-American (Waterbury, CT) - February 3, 2009
Police say need for cash turned into crime spree
WATERBURY - Gerard D. Chappell, a 21 year-old from the East End, told police robbing gas stations sounded like it would be easy. Needing cash and armed with a stolen revolver, police said Chappell went on a robbery spree in December and January that included three city gas stations and a popular Meriden Road pizzeria that was about a block from his home. Police also say that during one of the robberies he fired at a store clerk who wasn't opening a cash register fast enough...

One of which was the Shell on Hamilton Ave, 2 minutes from my house. Believe me, it is only prudent to be prepared around Waterbury.

ddepedro

imported post

Yea the records dept. is a joke in waterbury. They called my referrals about 3 weeks ago. I called them and asked when I would get my temp they said 2 weeks which was well over 2 weeks ago. I called again yesterday and they said there waiting for the chief to look at it give it another 2-3 weeks. I am really starting to get angry. i have my tax return burning a whole in my pocket instead of buying myself my xdm 40.

ctfireman

imported post

Go to your favorite gun shop & start buying them! Once you get your permit just go& pick them up! That's what i'm doing, at the rate my city is going i'll own the whole store by the time i get my temporary.

ddepedro

imported post

I thought about doing that, But if for some strange reason I go denied for my permit I'd be screwed.