• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody OC in Aloha & Hillsboro?

beavertonfirearms

imported post

Long time reader, and first time poster here.

First, big thanks to all of you who spend your valuable time on this forum answering everyone's questions and clarifying many many questions.

On to my question now... :)

Does anyone OC in Aloha and Hillsboro? What have your experiences been like?

Thanks again!

~Vincent

Reverend45Cal

imported post

I have for the last few months. All the convenience stores seem fine been into many from Plaid Panties to 7-11 and even mom and pop like H-Mart. nothing more then a look from a customer. The night clerk in H-Mart did ask me if i was a cop and the normal "You can do that?"

Been in to Albertsons, Bi-Mart, subway, Target, Fred Meyers even carried at the Streets of Tanasbourn. a look here and there but thats about it.

I even open carried walking my dog and passing Aloha HS, not during class hours but I also have a CWP, would not recommend doing it without one or you might end up in a different position if you do get stopped.

beavertonfirearms

imported post

Thanks Reverend!

Exactly what I was hoping to hear. I come from Arizona where Loaded Open Carry is unrestricted and no one even bats an eye. (Daily average while running errands, I'd see probably 5-10 people OCing.)

I tested OC in Grant's Pass over the weekend. (My hotel, Walmart, Arby's, and a couple of convenience stores.) No problems in any of those places, although I had the usual eyeballswith obvious questions in them.

Reverend45Cal

imported post

Just remember Beaverton, Tigard and Portland are only Open carry if you have a CWP. if not you have to have the Mag our and rounds out of the mag.

Ruger9mm

imported post

I just got my CHL renewed last week so I haven't really had a chance to get out much yet. Like reverend said the convenience stores don't seem to mind and Fred Meyers didn't seem to notice or care. Then again in this weather it ends up under my jacket more often than not. lol

GSXRrider

imported post

I live in Aloha. I've thought about OCing, but not sure yet if it's something I want to do (as in show the world I carry). I do carry concealed everyday though! Plus it's just so hard to OC during the colder weather. Now that I think about it. I did carry OWB at work (in portland) about 3-4 months ago. One of the clips on one of my holsters broke, so I had to OC. But It was covered up by a sweatshirt. That's the closest I've come.

Ironbar

imported post

I live in Tigard, and quite frankly it's too damned cold to OC right now. However, I did not have any problems with OC during the Summer and Fall except for Costco. They made me leave.

NaT805

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I live in Hillsboro and open carry to New Seasons, Fred Meyer, Bi-Mart, Office Depot, Target, Safeway. I have been into Aloha but not as much as I am in Hillsboro. The only OC encounter I had was at Fred Meyer, I was with my mom, and an employee came up to me freaking out and said "Can you put THAT in your car?" and she wasn't even capable of looking at it she was so frightened, and i said "Are you asking me or telling me" and she said "I'm asking you to put THAT in your car" still with the weird "that" implying it was a demonic monster, and I replied back with "If you're asking me to put it in my car then No, I'm not going to, I'm going to continue shopping like this never happened and leave when I want to" and then she said really snippy "Then I'M going to get MY manager" and stormed off then my mom said "Wow real mature!" and she got on a walkie talkie calling the manager and I just kept shopping after that, and no one ever came to confront me after that, no manager showed up, they just left me alone and I paid and left.

Reverend45Cal

imported post

Thats cuz when she called she prob got her arse chewed for being a dingbat and told that it was legal and to shut her trap.

At least that is what I hope. :lol:

beavertonfirearms

imported post

NaT805 wrote:
I live in Hillsboro and open carry to New Seasons, Fred Meyer, Bi-Mart, Office Depot, Target, Safeway. I have been into Aloha but not as much as I am in Hillsboro. The only OC encounter I had was at Fred Meyer, I was with my mom, and an employee came up to me freaking out and said "Can you put THAT in your car?" and she wasn't even capable of looking at it she was so frightened, and i said "Are you asking me or telling me" and she said "I'm asking you to put THAT in your car" still with the weird "that" implying it was a demonic monster, and I replied back with "If you're asking me to put it in my car then No, I'm not going to, I'm going to continue shopping like this never happened and leave when I want to" and then she said really snippy "Then I'M going to get MY manager" and stormed off then my mom said "Wow real mature!" and she got on a walkie talkie calling the manager and I just kept shopping after that, and no one ever came to confront me after that, no manager showed up, they just left me alone and I paid and left.

WOW! Good for you for just keeping your cool. It's people like that employee that are the ones who cause the "panic" with other customers/employees in the first placewhen a firearm is spotted.

I would've probably told her to have the manager come meet me so that I could file a complaint about her attitude.

Ruger9mm

imported post

Had to CC at Clackamas Town Center mall (unarmed victims zone) today but when I got back to Aloha/Hillsboro I carried in Best Teriyaki (158th and Walker) with only one :what:, then carried in Winco with no issues.
No real issues just the one guy who's eyes got big and he pointed it out to his buddy.