• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Sovereignty Resolution Rally: Thursday; Capitol Rotunda 1-2PM

Cottonbaler

imported post

http://www.ky912.com/2007/12/kentucky-knows-best.html

On Jan 21st from 1:00 – 2:00 there will be a statewide rally in Frankfort in support of passing this resolution. This will be a culmination of different liberty groups coming together for the same purpose, OUR STATES RIGHTS.

• Join us a hundreds of others in the rotunda to make a stand for the Commonwealth and make your voice heard for our liberties.
• Plan to drive to Frankfort on Jan 21st. Call ahead and get an appointment to speak with your legislators before the event.
• Then join the revolution at 1:00 and support the 10th Amendment and Kentucky State Sovereignty.

The resolution has been assigned a committee. We need to pressure the members of this committee to not sit on this resolution and demand they hear it and push it out for a vote. Let these members know we want them to prove they believe Kentucky knows better than Washington and that the constituents of this commonwealth demand a vote on HR10.

Election and constitutional committee
• Rep. Darryl T. Owens - (502) 564-8100 Ext. 685
• Rep. Joseph M. Fischer [Vice Chair] – Co Sponsor of Resolution
• Rep. Ron Weston [Vice Chair] - (502) 564-8100 Ext. 629
• Rep. Kevin D. Bratcher - (502) 564-8100 Ext. 680
• Rep. Larry Clark - (502) 564-7520
• Rep. James R. Comer - (502) 564-8100 Ext. 613
• Rep. Mike Harmon – Co Sponsor of Resolution
• Rep. Melvin B. Henley - (502) 564-8100 Ext. 611
• Rep. Mary Lou Marzian - (502) 564-8100 Ext. 643

Thanks to a true conservative and local Lexington Radio Personality Leland Conway for his support and creating an online petition. Go to 630am WLAP today and let your voice be heard. Sign the Petition Urging the Kentucky Legislature to Pass a 10th Amendment Resolution.
On Line Petition

Unfettered Might

imported post

Signed it and I've been spreading the word like crazy.

Coincidentally I'll be in Lexington that morning at Bud's Gun Shop picking up my new sidearm so I could easily make a showing on the way back home to Mount Washington.

The rotunda? You'll have to forgive me, I'm unfamiliar with Frankfort.

Liberty4Ever

imported post

The Tenth Amendment Rally went well. I don't like hearing politicians speaking, but it's inevitable at a function like this. :)

I like it better when WE speak and they listen. There was a fair amount of that too. We found our representatives and the members of committees that were hearing about the bills we're most interested in supporting or opposing.

The Elections committee mentioned above is the same committee that is hearing the Kentucky Firearms Freedom Act. If you get a chance, work in a plug for the firearms freedom act, HB 87. Stan Lee introduced both of these bills.

I was getting petitions for last year's state sovereignty bill at a Lexington gun show, and I think it was last March. That was a tough sell! I think people see the need for state sovereignty now more than then.

langzaiguy

imported post

State sovereignty is a hard sell? It's pretty sad that we have to "sell" the Constitution seeing as we already "bought" it. *sigh* Thanks Liberty4Ever for bringing what seems to be most obvious to those most dense. :)

Liberty4Ever

imported post

People are starting to see the need for state sovereignty. Pick a topic. Health care. Monetary policy. Domestic policy. Foreign policy. You name it. Then look at the federal government's train wreck in that particular area. Giving them more power hardly seems like a good idea.

Gun owners are certainly waking up to the need for state sovereignty, and the firearms freedom act is helping to fuel that awakening.