• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dulles Expo Gun Show- PATRIOTS BE ON GUARD-. ATF Illegally banning private sales of firearms! ALERT!

vt800c

imported post

I plan on going to the next gun show. I'm looking forward to it, and bringing along my son and a number of friends. I may buy a gun, I may not. but I think if it's between me and a private seller, it is EXACTLY THAT: between ME and another individual!

I may buy from a dealer there. I've been through the background check. no problems. I understand they need to do it. But when the cops say they seel illegal activity, and want to hold ME accountable for their failure to act, thats when my BP goes up a few notches.:cuss:

See you Valentine's Day Weekend!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

chrisco455 wrote:
Darwin Boedeker on Alex Jones Tv 1/6: Gun Show Organizer Targeted by BATF Makes His Cas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2wvu8kvmK4

This is the ATF using pure intimidation tactics. There is no statutory authority for them to be making these demands. Now it is breaking that Tenneseeis complying with these thugs and have followed in their footsteps. Time to take action.
Watching this makes my blood boil. Wouldn't it be great if some gunowners at a show did arrest ATF agents who were breaking the law by doing this highly illegal crap?

Neplusultra

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
While the ATF arresting people for private sales would be unlawful (no debate there); all they need to do is to convince the owners of the event to restrict it and there would be very little recourse.
Well, except demanding the promoters hold next year's show somewhere else or we boycot!

Neplusultra

imported post

Citizen wrote:
TFred quoted the article:
SNIP Several police recommendations about the operation of the show were intended to curtail crime there and should not have been viewed as requirements, authorities said Tuesday.
Rubbish. This is just an example of the classic police tactic of making a demand, but fogging it up to make it plausible later that it was only a request.

No different than the long arguments I had with a certain cop on this forum about"requesting" ID in a commandingvoicebeing a demand.

If thecops in the article really wantedto convey the meaning that it was entirely voluntary and have no misunderstandings, the letter/memo would have had explicit language to that effect.Andall the cops would have to do is present a copy of that explicit-language letter/memo to refute the accusations coming their way, while alsodiscrediting theaccusers.
Absolutely +1! There Citizen. When someone who has the power, as differentiated from authority, to put you in jail "asks" you to do something it carries a little more force than if I were to ask you to do the same.

Thundar

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
chrisco455 wrote:
Darwin Boedeker on Alex Jones Tv 1/6: Gun Show Organizer Targeted by BATF Makes His Cas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2wvu8kvmK4

This is the ATF using pure intimidation tactics. There is no statutory authority for them to be making these demands. Now it is breaking that Tenneseeis complying with these thugs and have followed in their footsteps. Time to take action.
Watching this makes my blood boil. Wouldn't it be great if some gunowners at a show did arrest ATF agents who were breaking the law by doing this highly illegal crap?

I know that it is Alex Jones, but the basic facts that were laid out are just horrible.

Just another reason to Boot the BATFE.

chrisco455

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wow, I know one of those guys. I shoot an IDPA style match with him at a local range. Very difficult to beleive that he would something questionable, much less illegal.