• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do you belong to the NRA ?

Do you belong to the NRA ? national rifle association

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• I HAVE TO RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP

• I WOULD NEVER BELONG TO THE NRA

• Total voters

bigdaddy1

imported post

I joined when they were having their free membership for a year push. I couldnt tell you at this point if I will rejoin. One of the "perks" was a magazine that I never got. That and other than a few e-mails about things that were happening (that I usually found out about first here:what:) from them I couldnt say I saw any benifit from them. I"m sure that they figured once the year was up, they would hit me up for the annual fee.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
I joined when they were having their free membership for a year push. I couldnt tell you at this point if I will rejoin. One of the "perks" was a magazine that I never got. That and other than a few e-mails about things that were happening (that I usually found out about first here:what:) from them I couldnt say I saw any benifit from them. I"m sure that they figured once the year was up, they would hit me up for the annual fee.
i did the buy one, get one year`thing too. I always got my magazine though. humm

Abraxxas

imported post

I signed up for a year as well, a guy I work with was selling memberships at an introductory price one year. I never received my magazine either, what I have received is endless amounts of mail from them and hundreds of phone call badgering about donations, sometimes 2 and 3 in the same day, and when I dont have time to talk they are extremely rude. Even asking them to stop calling has not helped, I just dont answer the calls anymore, it comes up as "NRA" on the caller ID, Ill come home from work some days and see 3 or 4 missed calls with no messages, they call at 9pm at night as well. That alone has changed my view considerably onmy NRA membership.

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Signed up for the free year, and added another. I got 2 magazines, think I paid extra for 2nd, else maybe it was with my 2nd year.

bigdaddy1

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Have any of y'all ever 'voted' on your free-introductory membership? IIRC it must be maintained for five years to achieve voting membership.
Nope, no voting asked or provided. Unless I see something much more beneficial than a few email notifications, I will NOT be renewing my membership. The sticker was nice though :lol:

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
Have any of y'all ever 'voted' on your free-introductory membership? IIRC it must be maintained for five years to achieve voting membership.
Nope, no voting asked or provided. Unless I see something much more beneficial than a few email notifications, I will NOT be renewing my membership. The sticker was nice though :lol:
I don't put stickers on my car and I don't know where else to put it lol. I probably won't be renewing either.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The NRA is the only organization we have thatcan match the money andpolitical clout of elitists like Bloomberg,the Joyce Foundation, the Brady and WAVE gouls.

Don't like the way the NRA does things??? Get involved and change it.

Life Member: NRA, JPFO

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Flipper wrote:
Get involved and change it. ... Life Member: NRA
So you're satisfied with today's NRA as a product of the wills of its members?

The Emperor NRA has no clothes despite having bought the finest that cannot be seen by unbelievers. So ist der Lauf der Welt.
Dougy the troll strikes again. he is such an ASSet to this pro carry org.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

So you're satisfied with today's NRA as a product of the wills of its members?

The Emperor NRA has no clothes despite having bought the finest that cannot be seen by unbelievers. So ist der Lauf der Welt.

Are you still a member of the NRA, Doug?

Are you stilla NRA-certified instructor? Still making $$$$ from that certification/affiliation?

The NRA is the single most effective special interest/lobbying group in the history of this country. Even non-gun analysts marvel at the NRA's effectiveness and accomplishments.

We all, even non-members, have benefited from the many decades of NRA advocacy. Our gun owner/carrier/user/buyer/seller world would be a LOT different if the NRA hadn't been around...

Lurchiron

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Just asking. no need to get flamed by anyone.

Yet look who's the first to cast stones. Your assinine comments only show your true character.

What's the matter; did you run out of pork chops, or is your dog fed up with you also?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

HankT wrote:
Are you still a member of the NRA, Doug?

Brush up, Dougs, on your logical fallacies. It's hardly a false premise question.

You were a member of the NRA at one time. You were a NRA-certified instructor.

So, asking you if you still are still an NRA member is not based on a false anything.

The answer is either yes or no. Still an NRA member, Dougs, as this poll thread asks?

I am.