• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Greenfield Legislative Committee Results

ROOK_WI

imported post

The City of Greenfield's Legislative Committee voted to amend the language within their "Park Ban" to remove mention of city parks tonight. Greenfield originally adopted Milwaukee County's code of General Ordinances (47.05) tothe the letter, andhave decided to remove the languagepertaining totheir city parks, but the"Milwaukee County Parks & Parkways Within The City of Greenfield" language will still be there, reason being (short version here) it is a "Milwaukee County Thing".

It is still a step in the right direction. I will post the Legislative minutes when they become available.

The amended language still needs approvalby the City of Greenfield Common Council. I am waiting to seewhich Greenfield Common Council agenda willhave the vote scheduled - stay tuned.

A big thank you to those who took time out of their busy afternoon/evening to attend tonight's meeting.

bigdaddy1

imported post

I "think" it was a victory. Frankly I don't trust Pyzyk (the city attorney), his response to the question wasn't exactly clear. In my opinion his response to anything involving open carry definitely looked like disdain. I don't know him or much about him but that is the impression I got.