• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

March 6th Palo Alto Meetup

tall_tree

imported post

Details of the March 6th, 2010 Palo Alto meetup can be found at this link:

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dgg34psj_15cgjvfdp

Please send an RSVP via PM, phone, or e-mail:

+1-425-906-5106
pixypa-paloaltoopencarry@yahoo.com

I know this is a little far out into the future, but if you have lived in Palo Alto for any length of time, you would be acutely aware of the "Palo Alto Process" and the need to have things well planned out. ;)

wewd

imported post

I'm not exactly sure what "open and carry" is, and I disagree with the author's assertion that you will be "unarmed". Other than the odd editing, I do like the quote from the police detective who said that they will protect the participants' right to bear arms. I sincerely hope he means that, because that is exactly what he swore to do when he took his oath as a public servant. If more police, politicians, and other public officials were true oath keepers, this country would have very few problems.

Gundude

imported post

tall_tree wrote:
The Palo Alto Daily Post continued coverage of our bay area open carry movement today with a short interview that I did with David DeBolt.

Details of the March 6th, 2010 Palo Alto meetup can be found at this link:

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dgg34psj_15cgjvfdp

Please send an RSVP via PM. I know this is a little far out into the future, but if you have lived in Palo Alto for any length of time, you would be acutely aware of the "Palo Alto Process" and the need to have things well planned out. ;)
We is "gun toters"

dirtykoala

imported post

sounds like a good time. i just spoke with det. philip about the event, i asked about the muni code against possesion of firearms, he said he hasnt looked into the code too much, and knows there's one agasint air guns, but isn't too sure about real guns. i told him i know there is one agasint guns, but its void due to preemption. he said he was aware that that would be the case if there is infact a muni code and they have no intention of citing anyone with it. he said he personally has no problem at all with the event, and feels that thats the general attitude of the department. i told him im looking forward to the event and i have had some bad encounters with other departments. he asked what bad experiences i have, as if to suggest that they would try to aviod them. i explained in short my illegal detention and he was said they are going to be sending out some memos in the department to ensure that everything goes smoothly and within the law.

it sounds like the PAPD and Det. Philip will help ensure an easy-going, hassle-free event.

gj setting this up, tree.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Always good to hear the good LEOs quoted in the media. Kudos to the detective and the Palo Alto Daily Post for letting the public know that there is another side to this story.

I have a feeling Lt Lunny was simply abusing his position to further his own agenda, rather than actually reflecting any actual departmental policy. I very much doubt that many of his co-workers have such evil intentions as to make good on the LT's threat.

Remember that people like Lt Lunny are playing both sides against eachother. People like that intend to not only demonize OCers among LEOs, but also to demonize LEOs amongst OCers... and most importantly, the public. I hope that we're smarter than that, and I hope most LEOs are as smart as detective Phillip. We're going to need all the help we can get to win over the public to our cause.

dirtykoala

imported post

bump.

exited about the palo alto meet! today was fun and i look forward to seeing everyone again!

AdnanShahab

imported post

What is the situation with K-12 schools in the surrounding area, especially with regards to University Avenue? I think it would be great to be able to walk around that area after the meetup.

dirtykoala

imported post

AdnanShahab wrote:
What is the situation with K-12 schools in the surrounding area, especially with regards to University Avenue? I think it would be great to be able to walk around that area after the meetup.
we can walk several blocks in any direction from what i can tell with google maps. also, the meet location is an open plaza, not a business, small groups of uocers can walk in any direction and find several shops to eat or drink.