• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snohomish county park picnic?

TechnoWeenie

imported post

As seen Here

Anyone up for it? Ideas for places?

I know it's still a little cold... But we gotta do sumthin...

Hendo

imported post

I am with you. I doubt this #^ will be enforced. Media would be nice.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Just set a date and time, cold doesn't bother me if it's the right day I will come. You are not going to please everyone so it's best to get a small consesus and then stick to your day.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

There is really only one place! Kyak point county park. That is the location that one of our members was threatened with arrest a few months back.

As to the time, I suggest it should be AFTER the February summary judgment hearing on the Seattle case.

phoneguy

imported post

It would be good if we had a fire on the beach to keep warm.

sempercarry

imported post

I'm kinda busy but this is the kind of thing I could clear my schedule for. I also see no need to wait. Are there any ordinances concerning fires in public parks or city property?

kito109654

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Sounds great. I like it when they choose a symbolic place. Should we send an invite (not being sarcastic, being sincere) to the local PD?

Yes, as respectfully as possible, heck they may support us by showing up and not enforcing the law. (Although I do actually doubt that they would show up.)

We should be recording it on multiple cameras as well, that is a must. I will have mine but it can't be the only one.

The videos should be sent to the 4 council who didn't speak up. I'll do it if no one else wants to.

ETA: I'm in the middle of moving and will be for a while but how soon are we thinking? I'll clear my schedule for whenever it is but mid-March would be pretty good for me. 2nd or 3rd weekend in March? Can some others weigh in?

amzbrady

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
Sounds like a good 'un to me. I just hope it isn't dumping rain --- might put something of a damper on things. But I'd show up, if it gets the exposure we want.
no doubt, nothing goofier looking than a firearm covered with a glad sandwich bag.

29er

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
Ya'll live where it rains all the time, pick a gun that can get wet without it being a big deal.  :banghead::lol:

OK, What would you suggest?

kito109654

imported post

Stainless, polymer, et cetera; something that can be wet all day and just be broken down and wiped off and relubed at the end of the day. Something other than blue. :) Seems like it would be worth it for a high profile meet.

Squeak

imported post

29er wrote:
kito109654 wrote:
Ya'll live where it rains all the time, pick a gun that can get wet without it being a big deal. :banghead::lol:

Rain isn't going to hurt your weapon. Just clean it good later. You don't want me to tell you what The Duke would say!:lol:

sudden valley gunner

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
Sounds great. I like it when they choose a symbolic place. Should we send an invite (not being sarcastic, being sincere) to the local PD?

Yes, as respectfully as possible, heck they may support us by showing up and not enforcing the law. (Although I do actually doubt that they would show up.)

We should be recording it on multiple cameras as well, that is a must. I will have mine but it can't be the only one.

The videos should be sent to the 4 council who didn't speak up. I'll do it if no one else wants to.

ETA: I'm in the middle of moving and will be for a while but how soon are we thinking? I'll clear my schedule for whenever it is but mid-March would be pretty good for me. 2nd or 3rd weekend in March? Can some others weigh in?
I have yet to see any LEO accept but I believe it's good to invite them hopefully one day they will take us up on it.

amzbrady

imported post

Squeak wrote:
29er wrote:
kito109654 wrote:
Ya'll live where it rains all the time, pick a gun that can get wet without it being a big deal. :banghead::lol:

Rain isn't going to hurt your weapon. Just clean it good later. You don't want me to tell you what The Duke would say!:lol:
Aw, come on, give us some Johnny logic.

EasyGoin

imported post

I'm new to this forum, but I live in Snohomish county. Perhaps a park closer to a city would be better. It would get more exposure and attract more attention. Perhaps the park between Everett and Mukilteo? I think it's called Forrest Park, but I'm not sure. Kayak point is nice but it's a bit out of the way.

Just a suggestion. Either way I'm up for it and I would be happy to bring my video camera.