• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snohomish county park picnic?

Richard6218

imported post

Well, here's another one about rain: If it's pouring, then presumably we (or most) will be wearing rain gear. Ergo, our guns would be covered and ergo be concealed. Which sort of defeats our purpose, eh?

EasyGoin

imported post

I'm new to this forum, but I live in Snohomish county. Perhaps a park closer to a city would be better. It would get more exposure and attract more attention. Perhaps the park between Everett and Mukilteo? I think it's called Forrest Park, but I'm not sure. Kayak point is nice but it's a bit out of the way.

Just a suggestion. Either way I'm up for it and I would be happy to bring my video camera.

Sorry about the dbl post.

phoneguy

imported post

EasyGoin wrote:
I'm new to this forum, but I live in Snohomish county.  Perhaps a park closer to a city would be better.  It would get more exposure and attract more attention.   Perhaps the park between Everett and Mukilteo?  I think it's called Forrest Park, but I'm not sure.  Kayak point is nice but it's a bit out of the way. 

Just a suggestion.  Either way I'm up for it and I would be happy to bring my video camera.

We are talking about the county parks. The city of Everett is up to par on there firearm rules.

joeroket

imported post

EasyGoin wrote:
I'm new to this forum, but I live in Snohomish county. Perhaps a park closer to a city would be better. It would get more exposure and attract more attention. Perhaps the park between Everett and Mukilteo? I think it's called Forrest Park, but I'm not sure. Kayak point is nice but it's a bit out of the way.

Just a suggestion. Either way I'm up for it and I would be happy to bring my video camera.

There are two of them in that area. Forest Park and Howarth Park, both of which are City of Everett parks. The point of this is to meet in a County park.

Richard6218

imported post

joeroket wrote:
EasyGoin wrote:

There are two of them in that area. Forest Park and Howarth Park, both of which are City of Everett parks. The point of this is to meet in a County park.

How 'bout this: http://www1.co.snohomish.wa.us/Departments/Parks/Park_Information/Park_Directory/Combination_Parks/River_Meadows.htm

I don't know the county at all but just looked at the page for county parks. This looks like a nice one, on the river, and a RANGER STATION right by the entrance.

Just my $.02

joeroket

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
joeroket wrote:
EasyGoin wrote:
I'm new to this forum, but I live in Snohomish county.  Perhaps a park closer to a city would be better.  It would get more exposure and attract more attention.   Perhaps the park between Everett and Mukilteo?  I think it's called Forrest Park, but I'm not sure.  Kayak point is nice but it's a bit out of the way. 

Just a suggestion.  Either way I'm up for it and I would be happy to bring my video camera.

How 'bout this: http://www1.co.snohomish.wa.us/Departments/Parks/Park_Information/Park_Directory/Combination_Parks/River_Meadows.htm

I don't know the county at all but just looked at the page for county parks.  This looks like a nice one, on the river, and a RANGER STATION right by the entrance. 

Just my $.02

River Meadows is a very nice park. I am not sure how many people would be there or if they would have a ranger on site this time of year. Wenberg, it used to be a state park but has been transferred to sno co., might be a better one as it is a widely used park for fishing, bbq's, camping, and swimming, not that people would be doing that now though, and has a ranger station and house on site.

Kayak would probably be a decent one to have it at as the OP mentioned.