• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry trash pickups around Vegas?

GoDSpeeD

imported post

I was wondering myself. I'm sure tim will post more on parking when he gets a chance. Im also sure that the parking should be good to go since that isn't a tourist area.

45 ACP rocks

imported post

Lostlittlerobot wrote:
we're cleaning up their trash, don't think that they appriciate it enough to give us free parking? hehe
:lol:We can always ask, I suppose. I know, let's send Tim....Tim :banghead: will do anything. And they like Tim, right ;)?

Remmy

imported post

I suppose whats posted as far as parking, if they have something to the sort of parking for customers only violators will be towed I would be hard press to park there. Guess ill find out when i arrive.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good question - I didn't really think about it too much. Oops, my bad, sorry I didn't check this out first.

You can park on the street around there I think. I just sent an email off to Captain Hank and asked if we could park in the lot there. We are doing a community service after all. I'll also take a drive over there after I get off work in the morning and see if I can find a place to park.

Tim

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I talked to Captain Hank. He said there's a Department meeting between 10AM and 12PM on Saturday and asked us not to park there. He did, however, give us permission to do so before 9:30 AM or after 12:30 PM. As an alternative, he suggested three places very close with on-street parking.

1. On Sierra Vista (eastbound) across from the police station along the fence.
2. On Sierra Vista (eastbound) across Swenson in front of the apartments.
3. On Swenson (southbound) south of Sierra Vista.

I've taken the liberty of creating a overhead map showing the parking locations.

See you all Saturday morning!

Tim

Remmy

imported post

Awesome work Tim thank you, also I did hear there is a chance or rain for Friday and Saturday so just be prepared to get wet if it does happen, I doubt it will though

45 ACP rocks

imported post

Remmy wrote:
Awesome work Tim thank you, also I did hear there is a chance or rain for Friday and Saturday so just be prepared to get wet if it does happen, I doubt it will though
Rain blows chunks, but I'll still be there with my brolly.

Remmy

imported post

I will also be going by wallyworld to pick up some heavy duty trash bags so ill have extras as well. Ill try to locate the box of EMS gloves I have if I do ill have extra of those as well. Sounds like its going to be a pretty big turn out maybe we should notify the media? would good to have a story ran on OCing and the community service we are providing as well and get some good PR

Sabotage70

imported post

We're still on right? I have thick latex gloves that I will bring. I found the holster for my stainless pt-140, so I'm good to go. Looks like we are going to have a break in the rain for a few hours. I'll be leaving my house in about 45 mins. or so.

The rain is going to suck though.:uhoh:

45 ACP rocks

imported post

I'll be there, too. I figure if we get rained out, it'll be early lunch for professional eaters like me. Win, win.

flagellum

imported post

New user here. I stumbled upon this website for the first time last night. I didn't go because I guess I'm a bit shy and was also turned off by the rain.

I've never been a OC advocate before (always a CC advocate) but I would like to get involved with your guys' activities and see what It is all about.