• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry trash pickups around Vegas?

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Was looking around for information on current events for open carry trash pickups. If anyone has some info on plans for one in the Las Vegas, North Las Vegas area please post. If not what do you guys think about starting some?

GoDSpeeD

imported post

So. No one wants to do open carry cleanups in las vegas. Go out there and do some community service?

TaftPRead

imported post

Not to sound selfish, but I work a lot and don't get too much time to myself. I like to spend my days off doing things I enjoy. I'll leaving cleaning up to the inmates on good behavior.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

GoDSpeeD wrote:
They do it alot in NH to raise gun awarenss. I was thinking it might be good for the same reasons
I've participated in a couple of them out there. These are actually not as bad as it sounds - picking up trash builds character.

In NH, they have a large number of people who participate and actually meet WEEKLY to do pickups in various locations. Like the first Saturday every month is in one city, the second Saturday in another city, etc. But it's basically across the whole state, so they have lots of different people who show up each week, it's rare to see the same guys at every location.

I think it's a great idea to do this regularly....

How about the first Saturday of every month we meet at 10am and spend an hour picking up trash or cleaning graffiti, or whatever.

For the first meet, let's meet outside the LVMPD Convention Center Area Command headquarters at 750 Sierra Vista....say Saturday Feb 6 at 10am? Bring garbage bags & rubber gloves.

Let's meet on the sidewalk in front of LVMPD precinct, Swenson & Sierra Vista, 10am Saturday February 6.

And as always, please feel free to cross-post to other forums, the more the merrier.

45 ACP rocks

imported post

I'll join in if you can use an old fat guy, who can hold a sack open but not bend over.:(:)

45 ACP rocks

imported post

timf343 wrote:
Rick-

Heck yea, the more the merrier. Do you happen to have a truck? It'd be nice to have someone who could collect the bags of trash as we fill them.

Tim
Sorry, no truck.

I'll be glad to drive my car around to fill up the trunk and back seat (and to dispose of them afterward, if somebody can let me know where to dump them). I will bring a supply of heavy-duty bags for everybody to make it easier for all.

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Well Im usually off sundays, but if i have to call in for that one i'll be there! Thanks for adding in some time and location ideas Tim. If we get enough people together i think it will be awesome, maybe even have lunch afterwards?

Sabotage70

imported post

I have a truck. I just need to pick up one one of those grabber things so I don't have to bend over.:p

How much trash do you end up with? That way I know to bring my big truck or not. Have a S-10 with a 6' bed and I have an old chevy 3/4 ton with a 8' bed.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

S10 should be fine. Usually it's about 1.5 bags per person per hour. If we stay an hour and have 20 people, that's 30 bags, and should fit into a 6 ft bed without much trouble.

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Nice.. It would be great to have 20+ people. I'm having some NC people come to help. And thanks again Tim for throwing the ideas out there for location and what not. BTW I know some producers at local Fox 5 if we need some camera time.

MPlannette

imported post

I too have seen the NH free staters' trash cleanup efforts. I think its a really great thing to do in general, but also a good way to educate people on open carry. Count me in.

Lostlittlerobot

imported post

I now have saturdays off work. So i'll try and make it if no other plans come up between now and then. I also will be bringing a truck.

I personally like the idea of the fox 5 thing. Anyone else wanna comment to see if we can get some airtime for some pro OC publicity?

Remmy

imported post

Hello, my first time posting here as i Just recently found the site I would love to attend this but haven't seen much chatter on this thread is this still a go for Feb 6th? at 10AM?

forgot to ask one important question as I'm still just now learning the gun laws here in Las Vegas thanks to everyone on here for that. but I'm still fairly new to the city only 4 years now being here and don't get out much. is this considered to be North Las Vegas? I read on some thread here that you cannot carry loaded in a car in North Vegas.