Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helmke's Brady Campaign Gives Obama Straight "F"s

Post imported post

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2431276/posts

Snip:

President Barack Obama received a failing grade this year from The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence on Monday .

The Brady Campaign blasted the president, whom the group endorsed in 2008, for not having taken significant steps to advance gun control laws.

"It's been a very disappointing year for us, especially considering what he campaigned on," the group's president, Paul Helmke, said during an appearance on MSNBC. "This year they ran away from the issue, and actually signed two repeals of good gun legislation."
    Those changes, which would allow guns in national parks and on Amtrak trains, were attached as amendments to larger pieces of legislation the president generally supported.
    Obama got an "F" on every issue the Brady Campaign scored, according to its report card.

Helmke said the Obama administration hadn't yet reached out to the gun control group, and that he doesn't expect the White House to do so anytime soon.

. . . .

Post imported post

The Donkey wrote:

the Obama administration hadn't yet reached out to the gun control group, and that he doesn't expect the White House to do so anytime soon.

. . . .
    The prejudiced, discriminatory, anti-civil right, unconstitutional, obstructionist, disinformational, fear-mongering propagandists are throwing a tantrum... Aww.

They need a 'hug'.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    The Donkey wrote:

the Obama administration hadn't yet reached out to the gun control group, and that he doesn't expect the White House to do so anytime soon.

. . . .
    The prejudiced, discriminatory, anti-civil right, unconstitutional, obstructionist, disinformational, fear-mongering propagandists are throwing a tantrum... Aww.

They need a 'hug'.
    They throw tantrums because without arms noone fears them. Yet Obama's administration has seen the sharp incline in gun purchases and sales, and fears those folks.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I always knew those Brady Campaigners were racists.

I guess they just don't have the stomach to see a black man succeed as President. Some people will do anything to undermine a successful black man.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

BWAAAHAHAHAAA! Ya'll are funny.

But I agree.

The Brady Campaign deserves a fat F for trying to destroy a Civil Right.

To Hell With Not Being Armed.

Post imported post

Hey Brady Bunch. have some cheese with that whine.

Post imported post

Why isn't the brady bunch happy with the amtrak law?
    I would think a law that you have to lock the gun owner in a create would
    be at the top of their list for good common sense legislation.

Now all Obama needs to do is get one more thing 'right' and he will be as
    good a president as a broken clock.

Post imported post

http://www.politico.com/politico44/p...ad49ed0bd.html

Brady Campaign: F
    Gun control group fails Obama

President Barack Obama gave himself a B+ for his first year in office, but he gets an F when it comes to gun control issues, according to a leading advocacy group.

Calling Obama's record on gun violence during his first year in office an "abject failure," the Brady Campaign Against Gun Violence said Obama has broken campaign promises and failed to show leadership on the issue.

"As a senator and candidate, he promised to stand up to the gun lobby and fight for strong gun laws," the group writes in Obama's 2009 "report card." "Unfortunately, that Barack Obama has been absent in his first year in office."

White House spokesman Ben LaBolt pointed out that the latest FBI statistics show that violent crime dropped in the first half of 2009 to its lowest levels since the 1960s.

"The president supports and respects the Second Amendment and he believes we can take common sense steps to keep our streets safe and to stem the flow of illegal guns to criminals," LaBolt said."The Recovery Act and the administration's 2010 budget included a major investment in law enforcement, including billions in funding for communities to hire police officers and to improve their ability to fight crime. The president has worked to disrupt the flow of illegal guns across our southern border that fuels the drug cartels by doubling joint Justice and Homeland Security action teams on the border, supporting the Merida initiative, and building a strong partnership with Mexico. And with the administration's support, Congress modified the Tiahrt Amendment to allow law enforcement to receive full access to firearms trace information that will enhance their investigations on illegal gun trafficking and violent crime."

The Brady Campaign's report claimed Obama's record on gun violence is out of step with promises he made on the campaign trail. From the report:

As a candidate, Barack Obama supported:

— Closing the gun show loophole

— Strengthening Brady background checks

— Banning assault weapons

— Repealing the Tiahrt Amendment that hinders law enforcement and hides crime gun data

— Opposing concealed carry

As President, Barack Obama so far has:

— Kept silent on closing the gun show loophole

— Maintained Bush-era destruction of Brady background check records

— Silenced administration officials who spoke out in favor of banning assault weapons

— Maintained the Tiahrt Amendment and added a broad new gag order on law enforcement

— Expanded concealed carrying into national parks and allowed guns on Amtrak trains

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

It's a Dog Day Afternoon for the Brady Campaign. I hope the trend of their agenda not working keeps up. It is an unecessary and dangerous agenda.

Post imported post

Maybe the Brady's will go out of business. If they can take the HSUS with them, all the better. Anti gun and anti hunting are losers these days. More guns being bought than ever and more people hunting this past season as well. The bad economy SHTF society needs to make these useless groups fold. Now if we can get a fur market going again, the annoying nuisance foxes,bobcats, and coyotes can be cleaned up to allow for more edible small game to flourish. Ha ha, nothing more "offending" than to open carry whilst wearing a fur hat.

Post imported post

No, the Brady campaign is not stupid. They know that there are federal court cases pending that will go against them. They can't reach theDems because theDemsalso know that supporting gun grabber legislation will lose lots of seats. Dems can sometimes win when they put up a strong 2A candidate in places like Virginia.

The Brady Bunch will naturally focus at the state or local level. They will chip away at our god given right wherever and whenever they can. They will wait for the next gun incident to try and foist more federal gun grabber legislation upon us.

The issue that will break the back of the Brady and MAIG will be the numerous states with Firearms Freedom Acts. Imagine a world where BATFE is irrelevant and shall not be infringed means shall not be infringed.

(you know the big loser in the neutering of BHOs anti gun silliness is the NRA. WHat will they do to raise $$$ if Dems do not try to take away our guns???
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:
    (you know the big loser in the neutering of BHOs anti gun silliness is the NRA. WHat will they do to raise $$$ if Dems do not try to take away our guns???
    Well, they'll have to go on the defensive, but yes, their income would or likely should reduce but this country is too large to not have some major force trying to take our weapons away.

Post imported post

anything that ticks off Brady and their Constitution hating supporters makes me happy.

if I had my way I'd vote the Brady center off our island and send them to France, and never allow any of them in the country again.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

suntzu wrote:
    anything that ticks off Brady and their Constitution hating supporters makes me happy.

if I had my way I'd vote the Brady center off our island and send them to France, and never allow any of them in the country again.
    France? How about the UK.

Post imported post

tekshogun wrote:
    suntzu wrote:

Don't you think the Brits have been punished enough? Maybe we could deport them to North Korea instead....

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

suntzu wrote:
    tekshogun wrote:
    suntzu wrote:

Don't you think the Brits have been punished enough? Maybe we could deport them to North Korea instead....
    Perhaps you're right, in the UK, they may convince the Brits to banish plastic forks and knives for fear of people getting their eyes gouged out.

Post imported post

What I think is funny as all get out is that the Brady Bunch thought Obama would actually pay attention to them after they helped get him elected ... evidently they didn't realize that most politicians only need the voters to get them into office, but they can then stay there due to the astro turf that consistently vote party line.

So, what, the Brady Bunch will now back a pro-2A Republican for the position?

Obama pissed in their post-toasties and now they think anyone wants to hear them whine about it.

Sounds like reality is infringing on their dream castle. Finally.
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Post imported post

buster81 wrote:

— Silenced administration officials who spoke out in favor of banning assault weapons

— Maintained the Tiahrt Amendment and added a broad new gag order on law enforcement

— Expanded concealed carrying into national parks and allowed guns on Amtrak trains

Sheesh, in this light, BHO doesn't seem too bad a guy! LMAO!!!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Nope him and others are too busy trying to back door it.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I give both Obama and the Brady Campaign F-

I wish Obama would go home and take Helmke with him. I am sure Helmke has a passport.

:P

Post imported post

So far President Obama has signed every pro-gun bill sent to him, had his Justice Department DEFEND the carry-in-national-parks issue in a lawsuit, and failed to produce even one anti-gun bill.

How does he compare to Bush II, Clinton, Bush I, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, etc. ? Granted he's only been in office one year but so far he is the most pro-gun President in recent history.

Who would have thought?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
    buster81 wrote:

Sheesh, in this light, BHO doesn't seem too bad a guy! LMAO!!!
    Yep, totally works for me.

Hey, Brady Campaign, that's a bloody A in my book. If you want to be without guns, go to Britain, I'm sure some punk gangster, skinhead, or soccer hooligan would love to attack you with a knife, a blunt object, or shoot you with that gun they bought illegally. Per capita, they seem to have plenty to dull out to you.

Post imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
    So far President Obama has signed every pro-gun bill sent to him, had his Justice Department DEFEND the carry-in-national-parks issue in a lawsuit, and failed to produce even one anti-gun bill.

How does he compare to Bush II, Clinton, Bush I, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, etc. ? Granted he's only been in office one year but so far he is the most pro-gun President in recent history.

Who would have thought?
    Correct. It looks like I was right when I predicted that Obama would avoid being antigun, at least at first, since it's a losing issue for Democrats and a distraction from the other stuff on their agenda.

Also, the smarter statists know that despite the meaning of the 2nd Amm. and a fairly large gun ownership rate, they really don't have much to fear from gun owners.

Obama, despite his smart politics on this issue, has demonstrated strong antigun leanings in the past, and his administration is loaded with antigun loonies, so it is possible he may try to pull something later, but for now he has no interest in getting fried in NRA commercials. He remembers what happened to Bill Clinton's friendly Democrat Congress in 1994 and doesn't want a repeat.

The time to watch out for an antigun push would be if the Democrats survive the November elections.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    The time to watch out for an antigun push would be if the Democrats survive the November elections.
    Very true!

But to be fair, I think Obama may have gotten a reality check on this and many other issues once he signed on that dotted line to be president.

Let me explain.

You have to realize that he is no longer enveloped in the closed circuit Illinois political scene where anything anti 2A is chic and nearly anyone that matters in that scene agrees which way is north.

Hes now in a completely new realm of political reality where he has to listen to more than just yes men and back slapping colleagues, and now must deal with hundreds to thousands of politically powerful organizations and individuals that "just may not agree" with everything he and his closed circuit supporters says and wants to do.

According to some of the books written by Dave Workman and Alan Gottlieb, hes had it relatively easy so far in his career, and even tho he may have been groomed by the liberal left to obtain the presidency, make no mistake, he was groomed in the "put you head in the sand, politically disconnected insanity" that is Illinois.

Maybe, just maybe, he has begun to learn that the America he was groomed to "lead", doesn't actually exist, and that the sandbox he now finds himself playing in no longer has the same rules as the one he was taught in.

Welcome to the real America Obama!

Post imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
    Why isn't the brady bunch happy with the amtrak law?
    I would think a law that you have to lock the gun owner in a create would
    be at the top of their list for good common sense legislation.

Now all Obama needs to do is get one more thing 'right' and he will be as
    good a president as a broken clock.
    Yeah, but at least a broken clock is right twice in 24 hours, nothing's gonna make nObama right.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast