• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Helmke's Brady Campaign Gives Obama Straight "F"s

The Donkey

imported post

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2431276/posts

Snip:

President Barack Obama received a failing grade this year from The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence on Monday .

The Brady Campaign blasted the president, whom the group endorsed in 2008, for not having taken significant steps to advance gun control laws.

"It's been a very disappointing year for us, especially considering what he campaigned on," the group's president, Paul Helmke, said during an appearance on MSNBC. "This year they ran away from the issue, and actually signed two repeals of good gun legislation."
Those changes, which would allow guns in national parks and on Amtrak trains, were attached as amendments to larger pieces of legislation the president generally supported.
Obama got an "F" on every issue the Brady Campaign scored, according to its report card.

Helmke said the Obama administration hadn't yet reached out to the gun control group, and that he doesn't expect the White House to do so anytime soon.

. . . .

Sonora Rebel

imported post

The Donkey wrote:

the Obama administration hadn't yet reached out to the gun control group, and that he doesn't expect the White House to do so anytime soon.

. . . .

The prejudiced, discriminatory, anti-civil right, unconstitutional, obstructionist, disinformational, fear-mongering propagandists are throwing a tantrum... Aww. :(

They need a 'hug'.:lol:

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

the Obama administration hadn't yet reached out to the gun control group, and that he doesn't expect the White House to do so anytime soon.

. . . .

The prejudiced, discriminatory, anti-civil right, unconstitutional, obstructionist, disinformational, fear-mongering propagandists are throwing a tantrum... Aww. :(

They need a 'hug'.:lol:
They throw tantrums because without arms noone fears them. Yet Obama's administration has seen the sharp incline in gun purchases and sales, and fears those folks.

Superlite27

imported post

I always knew those Brady Campaigners were racists.

I guess they just don't have the stomach to see a black man succeed as President. Some people will do anything to undermine a successful black man.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Why isn't the brady bunch happy with the amtrak law?
I would think a law that you have to lock the gun owner in a create would
be at the top of their list for good common sense legislation.

Now all Obama needs to do is get one more thing 'right' and he will be as
good a president as a broken clock.:lol:

buster81

imported post

http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0110/brady_campaign_f_4e52b8a5-4d03-44ce-9f5c-adbad49ed0bd.html

Brady Campaign: F
Gun control group fails Obama

President Barack Obama gave himself a B+ for his first year in office, but he gets an F when it comes to gun control issues, according to a leading advocacy group.

Calling Obama's record on gun violence during his first year in office an "abject failure," the Brady Campaign Against Gun Violence said Obama has broken campaign promises and failed to show leadership on the issue.

"As a senator and candidate, he promised to stand up to the gun lobby and fight for strong gun laws," the group writes in Obama's 2009 "report card." "Unfortunately, that Barack Obama has been absent in his first year in office."

White House spokesman Ben LaBolt pointed out that the latest FBI statistics show that violent crime dropped in the first half of 2009 to its lowest levels since the 1960s.

"The president supports and respects the Second Amendment and he believes we can take common sense steps to keep our streets safe and to stem the flow of illegal guns to criminals," LaBolt said."The Recovery Act and the administration's 2010 budget included a major investment in law enforcement, including billions in funding for communities to hire police officers and to improve their ability to fight crime. The president has worked to disrupt the flow of illegal guns across our southern border that fuels the drug cartels by doubling joint Justice and Homeland Security action teams on the border, supporting the Merida initiative, and building a strong partnership with Mexico. And with the administration's support, Congress modified the Tiahrt Amendment to allow law enforcement to receive full access to firearms trace information that will enhance their investigations on illegal gun trafficking and violent crime."

The Brady Campaign's report claimed Obama's record on gun violence is out of step with promises he made on the campaign trail. From the report:

As a candidate, Barack Obama supported:

— Closing the gun show loophole

— Strengthening Brady background checks

— Banning assault weapons

— Repealing the Tiahrt Amendment that hinders law enforcement and hides crime gun data

— Opposing concealed carry

As President, Barack Obama so far has:

— Kept silent on closing the gun show loophole

— Maintained Bush-era destruction of Brady background check records

— Silenced administration officials who spoke out in favor of banning assault weapons

— Maintained the Tiahrt Amendment and added a broad new gag order on law enforcement

— Expanded concealed carrying into national parks and allowed guns on Amtrak trains

XD40coyote

imported post

Maybe the Brady's will go out of business. If they can take the HSUS with them, all the better. Anti gun and anti hunting are losers these days. More guns being bought than ever and more people hunting this past season as well. The bad economy SHTF society needs to make these useless groups fold. Now if we can get a fur market going again, the annoying nuisance foxes,bobcats, and coyotes can be cleaned up to allow for more edible small game to flourish. Ha ha, nothing more "offending" than to open carry whilst wearing a fur hat.

Thundar

imported post

No, the Brady campaign is not stupid. They know that there are federal court cases pending that will go against them. They can't reach theDems because theDemsalso know that supporting gun grabber legislation will lose lots of seats. Dems can sometimes win when they put up a strong 2A candidate in places like Virginia.

The Brady Bunch will naturally focus at the state or local level. They will chip away at our god given right wherever and whenever they can. They will wait for the next gun incident to try and foist more federal gun grabber legislation upon us.

The issue that will break the back of the Brady and MAIG will be the numerous states with Firearms Freedom Acts. Imagine a world where BATFE is irrelevant and shall not be infringed means shall not be infringed.

(you know the big loser in the neutering of BHOs anti gun silliness is the NRA. WHat will they do to raise $$$ if Dems do not try to take away our guns???

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thundar wrote:
(you know the big loser in the neutering of BHOs anti gun silliness is the NRA. WHat will they do to raise $$$ if Dems do not try to take away our guns???
Well, they'll have to go on the defensive, but yes, their income would or likely should reduce but this country is too large to not have some major force trying to take our weapons away.

suntzu

imported post

anything that ticks off Brady and their Constitution hating supporters makes me happy.

if I had my way I'd vote the Brady center off our island and send them to France, and never allow any of them in the country again.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

suntzu wrote:
anything that ticks off Brady and their Constitution hating supporters makes me happy.

if I had my way I'd vote the Brady center off our island and send them to France, and never allow any of them in the country again.

France? How about the UK.

suntzu

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
suntzu wrote:

Don't you think the Brits have been punished enough? Maybe we could deport them to North Korea instead....

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

suntzu wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
suntzu wrote:

Don't you think the Brits have been punished enough? Maybe we could deport them to North Korea instead....

Perhaps you're right, in the UK, they may convince the Brits to banish plastic forks and knives for fear of people getting their eyes gouged out.

okboomer

imported post

What I think is funny as all get out is that the Brady Bunch thought Obama would actually pay attention to them after they helped get him elected ... evidently they didn't realize that most politicians only need the voters to get them into office, but they can then stay there due to the astro turf that consistently vote party line.

So, what, the Brady Bunch will now back a pro-2A Republican for the position?

Obama pissed in their post-toasties and now they think anyone wants to hear them whine about it.

Sounds like reality is infringing on their dream castle. Finally.

Evil Ernie

imported post

buster81 wrote:
http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0110/brady_campaign_f_4e52b8a5-4d03-44ce-9f5c-adbad49ed0bd.html

Brady Campaign: F
Gun control group fails Obama

As President, Barack Obama so far has:

— Kept silent on closing the gun show loophole

— Maintained Bush-era destruction of Brady background check records

— Silenced administration officials who spoke out in favor of banning assault weapons

— Maintained the Tiahrt Amendment and added a broad new gag order on law enforcement

— Expanded concealed carrying into national parks and allowed guns on Amtrak trains
Sheesh, in this light, BHO doesn't seem too bad a guy! LMAO!!!