• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Helmke's Brady Campaign Gives Obama Straight "F"s

paramedic70002

imported post

So far President Obama has signed every pro-gun bill sent to him, had his Justice Department DEFEND the carry-in-national-parks issue in a lawsuit, and failed to produce even one anti-gun bill.

How does he compare to Bush II, Clinton, Bush I, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, etc. ? Granted he's only been in office one year but so far he is the most pro-gun President in recent history.

Who would have thought?

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
buster81 wrote:
http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0110/brady_campaign_f_4e52b8a5-4d03-44ce-9f5c-adbad49ed0bd.html

Brady Campaign: F
Gun control group fails Obama

As President, Barack Obama so far has:

— Kept silent on closing the gun show loophole

— Maintained Bush-era destruction of Brady background check records

— Silenced administration officials who spoke out in favor of banning assault weapons

— Maintained the Tiahrt Amendment and added a broad new gag order on law enforcement

— Expanded concealed carrying into national parks and allowed guns on Amtrak trains
Sheesh, in this light, BHO doesn't seem too bad a guy! LMAO!!!

Yep, totally works for me.

Hey, Brady Campaign, that's a bloody A in my book. If you want to be without guns, go to Britain, I'm sure some punk gangster, skinhead, or soccer hooligan would love to attack you with a knife, a blunt object, or shoot you with that gun they bought illegally. Per capita, they seem to have plenty to dull out to you.

Tomahawk

imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
So far President Obama has signed every pro-gun bill sent to him, had his Justice Department DEFEND the carry-in-national-parks issue in a lawsuit, and failed to produce even one anti-gun bill.

How does he compare to Bush II, Clinton, Bush I, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, etc. ? Granted he's only been in office one year but so far he is the most pro-gun President in recent history.

Who would have thought?

Correct. It looks like I was right when I predicted that Obama would avoid being antigun, at least at first, since it's a losing issue for Democrats and a distraction from the other stuff on their agenda.

Also, the smarter statists know that despite the meaning of the 2nd Amm. and a fairly large gun ownership rate, they really don't have much to fear from gun owners.

Obama, despite his smart politics on this issue, has demonstrated strong antigun leanings in the past, and his administration is loaded with antigun loonies, so it is possible he may try to pull something later, but for now he has no interest in getting fried in NRA commercials. He remembers what happened to Bill Clinton's friendly Democrat Congress in 1994 and doesn't want a repeat.

The time to watch out for an antigun push would be if the Democrats survive the November elections.

FMCDH

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
The time to watch out for an antigun push would be if the Democrats survive the November elections.
Very true!

But to be fair, I think Obama may have gotten a reality check on this and many other issues once he signed on that dotted line to be president.

Let me explain.

You have to realize that he is no longer enveloped in the closed circuit Illinois political scene where anything anti 2A is chic and nearly anyone that matters in that scene agrees which way is north.

Hes now in a completely new realm of political reality where he has to listen to more than just yes men and back slapping colleagues, and now must deal with hundreds to thousands of politically powerful organizations and individuals that "just may not agree" with everything he and his closed circuit supporters says and wants to do.

According to some of the books written by Dave Workman and Alan Gottlieb, hes had it relatively easy so far in his career, and even tho he may have been groomed by the liberal left to obtain the presidency, make no mistake, he was groomed in the "put you head in the sand, politically disconnected insanity" that is Illinois.

Maybe, just maybe, he has begun to learn that the America he was groomed to "lead", doesn't actually exist, and that the sandbox he now finds himself playing in no longer has the same rules as the one he was taught in.

Welcome to the real America Obama! :)

KansasMustang

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
Why isn't the brady bunch happy with the amtrak law?
I would think a law that you have to lock the gun owner in a create would
be at the top of their list for good common sense legislation.

Now all Obama needs to do is get one more thing 'right' and he will be as
good a president as a broken clock.:lol:
Yeah, but at least a broken clock is right twice in 24 hours, nothing's gonna make nObama right.