• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unicorn on campus at GMU

nova

imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
nova wrote:
We will, eventually. Today I had lunch with a very pro-gun prof.
and
I parked my truck next to Hunter45's vehicle today also!

I think we'll see campus carry sooner than expected. I hope it is this year.
So I would assume ol' Bobbo being in office will help us out more than when Kaine was? I still havent really followed the politics all that closely. I dont seem to have a whole lot of spare time to :(

But if we do get campus carry, will it be OC or CC?
If I had to guess, it would be CC w/ permit (still better than nothing) however there's always the chance it could be like Utah where I believe OC is fine too.

Yeah all three candidates (McDonnell, Bolling, and Cuccinelli) all answered in the affirmative on the VCDL survey, when asked if they'd support prohibiting public universities from banning law abiding students/staff/faculty carry at public universities.

nova

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
nova wrote:
We will, eventually. Today I had lunch with a very pro-gun prof.
and
I parked my truck next to Hunter45's vehicle today also!

I think we'll see campus carry sooner than expected. I hope it is this year.

Haha, 4th floor of Sandy Creek? I wasn't paying attention to the vehicles around me when I left (around 12:40pm).
Didn't see your response until now.

I left just around 12:30 so I must have just missed you! I was on your passenger side.

nova

imported post

jmelvin wrote:
The difference is with Utah, you must have a permit to carry a firearm loaded in public.
freak.gif
Did not know that. Do not want.
puke.gif

hunter45

imported post

nova wrote:
I left just around 12:30 so I must have just missed you! I was on your passenger side.

I usually leave then, right after my class lets out at 12:20, but I had to stay after for a few minutes yesterday.

nova

imported post

Nice to finally meet you this morning!

I couldn't stick around after class today since I had plans to meet my brother for lunch and didn't want to get stuck in traffic on Rt50 west (I think there's ALWAYS traffic on Rt50 no matter the time of day)

hunter45

imported post

nova wrote:
Nice to finally meet you this morning!

I couldn't stick around after class today since I had plans to meet my brother for lunch and didn't want to get stuck in traffic on Rt50 west (I think there's ALWAYS traffic on Rt50 no matter the time of day)

Nice meeting you, too!

That was my biggest fear about going to Mason - having to sit in traffic; however, that hasn't been a problem for me at all. I take 66 to the Fairfax County Parkway and so far I haven't had any traffic.

nova

imported post

I pretty much take Rt123 north the whole way though sometimes I take the back roads if traffic looks heavy.

hunter45

imported post

NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
When are we all gonna get together? Ive met Nova, but Id like to put a face with a name, to you Hunter :cool:

I ran into nova yesterday in the parking lot. Do you guys usually each lunch on campus? I don't, but I'll stick around one day if you guys wanna get a bite to eat or something.

nova

imported post

hunter45 wrote:
NightmareSHANIQUA wrote:
When are we all gonna get together? Ive met Nova, but Id like to put a face with a name, to you Hunter :cool:

I ran into nova yesterday in the parking lot. Do you guys usually each lunch on campus? I don't, but I'll stick around one day if you guys wanna get a bite to eat or something.
I usually don't stick around on campus due to their victim creating policy but am open to getting lunch sometime.

Perhaps it would be better to continue this conversation on Facebook (if you're on there Nightmare) or in PMs.

Also just off campus in Brions Grille, I've OC there before with a few members when they hosted a libertarian event :cool:

nova

imported post

BUBB4H wrote:
hahaha! Hunter, dude, I think I'm in your class...:p
Ok now there's at least 4 of us at GMU this semester, we need to get together sometime!