Thread: open carry in California? Nearly impossible

Post imported post

Recently, I viewed what the news was reporting, growing number of citizens openly carring guns here in the bay area. I totally want to to do it, but How? There are so many schoolseverywhere, and isn't 1000 ft = 333 yards? Hell, if someboby reported "man with a gun", nearby schoolswould probably go on lock down. Can anyone here speak of experience?

Post imported post

chrisopinion wrote:
    Recently, I viewed what the news was reporting, growing number of citizens openly carring guns here in the bay area. I totally want to to do it, but How? There are so many schoolseverywhere, and isn't 1000 ft = 333 yards? Hell, if someboby reported "man with a gun", nearby schoolswould probably go on lock down. Can anyone here speak of experience?
    Nearly everyone here has already spoken from experience. Take a little time and read the posts that are already here. Then ask questions to clarify if needed.

Post imported post

chrisopinion wrote:
    First of all, hello. We welcome new members although will always be a bit apprehensive when someone mentions they "totally want to do it". Bearing arms is your right as an American though withrights come great responsibility. So please understand some may notappreciate self-defense expressed as if it were a roller coaster ride. Your actions will reflect how we are perceived.

There are many laws you must research before open carrying. I suggest reading this forums past posts for at least 2 weeks before doing anything. Even then, please read some views on how open carry may hurt the gun rights movement as a whole and then take a stance on that position with open ears. Many will say open carry should not be practiced for another 6 months before legal battles are won.