• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas candidate for Governor Debra Medina calls out opponents on right to open carry

rodbender

imported post

Hey, Grump, call your brother and tell him to get his butt to the polls and vote for Medina.

Now to the perry question. Perry is a very close friend of Glenn Beck, so what else would you expect him to do. He claim that he was pretty much inundated with emails about her being a thruther. Mike Church on Sirius has said that he had already interviewed her twice and that he had not gotten one, not even one email raising this question. HMMMM.....Something smells fishy here, mighty fishy I'd say.

Trans Texas Corridor: He says it is dead, now. But just a few months ago I heard him say in a short interview that he still had hopes of reviving it. HMMMM.....Something smells fishy here, mighty fishy I'd say.

Gardisil: Well, what else can I say about this part of it. He signed an executive order saying that all, and I mean ALL girls at a certain grade level had to have this vaccination. Give me a break, Executive order? Sounds like he's pact icing being presidential to me. HMMMM.....Something smells fishy here, mighty fishy I'd say.

There are other issues with this RINO but the list is long and undistinguished and probably not enough space on the server to handle it so I'll close it for now just to say:

"HMMMM.....Something smells fishy here, mighty fishy I'd say."

botheyesonyou

imported post

You got it rodbender.

In reading through these posts, its sadly obvious that the members, and people in general, enjoy being lied to. If you ACTUALLY WATCH the debates, these two current politicians fumble and fold when they are asked a direct question. Nobody is up in arms about that. Debra's answer to Beck, which has become a deal breaker for some, was an honest answer. She said there are good questions raised. Questions raised does not mean "the government did it." Watch Jesse Ventura in any interview and you'll understand this. Maybe you didn't like the answer, but you should respect the honesty. If that was a deal breaker for you, I urge you to vote for perry. When you come back from the poll, find a hammer and start hitting your thumb. Eventually you'll stop because it hurts. Maybe then you'll learn that you DONT get a different result from the same action.

jdelaney3

imported post

I was disappointed with Debra's response to Beck re 9/11 truther credibility. I'd like to think her unrehearsed responsewas merely an amateurish attempt at being evenhanded and open-minded. But, for me anyway, it was a clumsy attempt which had gone spectacularly awry. Chalk it up to her being a neophyte? Who really knows for sure. Very disappointing, indeed. Frankly, from her response to Beck I simply don't know if she actually harbors serious 9/11 truther beliefs or not. SO, while I am buoyed by her refreshingly no-nonsense states rights and constitution-first stances, unless she clears this up I'm afraid my quandary stands. I had such great hopes for her. I wish her well.

KBCraig

imported post

I've watched the professional spinners spin away all of Perry's and KBH's non-responses and outright prevarications during the debate, and admiringly state they displayed a good command of the stage.

Medina isn't a polished politician. That's about +300 in her favor to start with. That she didn't have a professionally polished ready-made response to the "truther" question is to her benefit, no matter how many are quick to abandon her at the first sign of un-slickness.

jarodm20

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

botheyesonyou wrote:
You got it rodbender.

In reading through these posts, its sadly obvious that the members, and people in general, enjoy being lied to. If you ACTUALLY WATCH the debates, these two current politicians fumble and fold when they are asked a direct question. Nobody is up in arms about that. Debra's answer to Beck, which has become a deal breaker for some, was an honest answer. She said there are good questions raised. Questions raised does not mean "the government did it." Watch Jesse Ventura in any interview and you'll understand this. Maybe you didn't like the answer, but you should respect the honesty. If that was a deal breaker for you, I urge you to vote for perry. When you come back from the poll, find a hammer and start hitting your thumb. Eventually you'll stop because it hurts. Maybe then you'll learn that you DONT get a different result from the same action.

I totally agree, Medina won the debates hands down. Perry just flashed his smile around like hisbrother G.W. Bush always did. Hutchison couldn't answer a question when asked it repeatedly (I think 5 times on the same direct question - Would you support overturning Roe v. Wade ?). Medina was the only person to ever mention the Constitution. Pretty evident that she's the only one that values it.

Anyway, she's still got my vote. Beck didn't fool me with that irrelevant crap. Read her better-thought-out response on her website. It's completely reasonable.

I'm not sure if some of you guys remember that Debra Medina is FOR open carry. She didn't say she'swilling to consider it, like Perry. And she won't flat out oppose it, like KBH would. She is FOR it. Remember, she showed up packing at the rally back in October.

glock37

imported post

Thank you jarodm20. I was hoping I wasn't the only one who could see it was irrelevant. It was a total setup by Beck. For the most part I like Beck. I mean, he's an excellent propagandist like Hannity. And when they're attacking democRATS, I don't complain. Just don't forget that they are not friends of freedom lovers. Medina still gets my vote.

P.s. As an American, I see the importance of never forgetting 9/11. Can anyone point out the relevance of that event as concerns modern day Texas politics?

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

jdelaney3 wrote:
I was disappointed with Debra's response to Beck re 9/11 truther credibility. I'd like to think her unrehearsed responsewas merely an amateurish attempt at being evenhanded and open-minded. But, for me anyway, it was a clumsy attempt which had gone spectacularly awry. Chalk it up to her being a neophyte? Who really knows for sure. Very disappointing, indeed. Frankly, from her response to Beck I simply don't know if she actually harbors serious 9/11 truther beliefs or not. SO, while I am buoyed by her refreshingly no-nonsense states rights and constitution-first stances, unless she clears this up I'm afraid my quandary stands. I had such great hopes for her. I wish her well.

She's made it clear on her website that she is not nor ever has been a member of the Tin Foil Hat Brigade. I'm satisfied with that answer. I'm still disappointed that she didn't simply scoof at the question and respond CORRECTLY that the 9/11 truth movement is little more than a group of loudmouthed malcontents being manipulated by leftwing interests. I truly believe that if Ron Paul had done so, he would have been taken more seriously.

She's got my vote, and I think she could recover from this.

echo5sierra

imported post

So all of you that disagree with her on one topic will completely dump her and go back to one of two candidates that you know are rotten to the core? Will it be the end of the world if she does harbor some thoughts in that direction?

People, use some common sense. She is in every other way the ideal candidate, hell bent on protecting our liberties. Yet some Texans will run the other way screaming, as if they are programmed to do so.

Do you believe she will push OC through a possibly hostile legislature? Damn right.

She received 29% of the vote at the Houston Tea Party Society Saturday, tying her with KBH. She has not been eliminated over her Beck interview.

Why would some of you dump her because she is unpolished? Do you really want a slick, perfectly fake, scripted politician?

Wake up, and vote Medina.

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Wow, Glenn Beck just won't drop that Medina interview. Making fun of her again today. He's about to start irritating me, regardless of how I feel about Medina.

CrimsonSoul

imported post

Wish I could talk my wife into voting, she's not even registered. She says it's something she just doesn't want to do.

JT

imported post

I've been lobbying my family in Texas to vote for Medina. Her stances on property rights alone are the most pro-liberty of any candidate that I know of running anywhere. She actually incorporates that into her stance on illegal immigration. That combined with her pro 2nd Amendment and open carry positions make her a candidate that I want see succeed even though I don't currently live in Texas. If those positions can win in a state as influential as Texas it will impact elections throughout the country.

FreedomJoyAdventure

imported post

I voted for Medina on Tuesday. Can't wait for Glenn Beck to chug a bucket full of Fluoride and for Sean Hannity to submit to waterboarding, but I'm not holding my breath.

jarodm20

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Well 2 of us voted for Medina today. Apparently the registration hadn't fully gone through yet for the third one of us. Go Medina!!