Thread: HOT OFF THE PRESS - DECLARATORY RULING ON APPLICATIONS

Post imported post

I know most have been waiting for this, so here is the Board of Firearms Declaratory Ruling on whether or not issuing autorities can demand additional information beyond what is required by Statute.

There may be small changes made prior to this being released and sent to all issuing authorities, but it should serve to answer some past and questions posted on this message board.

Here it is:

Post imported post

Extraordinary! Any precedent for litigation against governmental employees for breaching their constitutional oath the reason for which is presumably the benefit of the public to be served?

Post imported post

good news for future applicants. it doesnt forbid it entirely, but it atleast gives specific instances where the info can be requested after the application has been submitted and investigated.

Post imported post

I am not normally a person that laughs, but I just received an email that put me into a belly laugh.

CCDL President Scott Willson listened to the audio of the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners discussions on their Declaratory Ruling which I had not yet listened to and sent me this.

"was a great listen. I loved the end of it. We all know that Ed Peruta is behind this!! ha ha!"

I'm posting a link to the audio at the Board's website and ask everyone to consider the fact that members of the board are just as frustrated as we are with what is happening in CT with permit applications.

http://www.ct.gov/bfpe/lib/bfpe/1020.MP3

Connecticut is fortunate to haveseven dedicated informedcitizens who volunteer their timesitting on the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners.

Post imported post

Well they know who the CCDL is, they of course know who Ed Peruta is, and now it seems they hold both in high esteem as far as getting the information out to the public! Go Ed! Go CCDL!