• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HOT OFF THE PRESS - DECLARATORY RULING ON APPLICATIONS

Edward Peruta

imported post

I know most have been waiting for this, so here is the Board of Firearms Declaratory Ruling on whether or not issuing autorities can demand additional information beyond what is required by Statute.

There may be small changes made prior to this being released and sent to all issuing authorities, but it should serve to answer some past and questions posted on this message board.

Here it is:

dapster

imported post

Extraordinary! Any precedent for litigation against governmental employees for breaching their constitutional oath the reason for which is presumably the benefit of the public to be served?

stacks04

imported post

good news for future applicants. it doesnt forbid it entirely, but it atleast gives specific instances where the info can be requested after the application has been submitted and investigated.

Edward Peruta

imported post

I am not normally a person that laughs, but I just received an email that put me into a belly laugh.

CCDL President Scott Willson listened to the audio of the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners discussions on their Declaratory Ruling which I had not yet listened to and sent me this.

"was a great listen. I loved the end of it. We all know that Ed Peruta is behind this!! ha ha!"

I'm posting a link to the audio at the Board's website and ask everyone to consider the fact that members of the board are just as frustrated as we are with what is happening in CT with permit applications.

http://www.ct.gov/bfpe/lib/bfpe/1020.MP3

Connecticut is fortunate to haveseven dedicated informedcitizens who volunteer their timesitting on the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners.

GoldCoaster

imported post

Well they know who the CCDL is, they of course know who Ed Peruta is, and now it seems they hold both in high esteem as far as getting the information out to the public! Go Ed! Go CCDL!