• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It doesn't even take a facsimile, 'Police: Robber at Belgium truck stop used finger to mime gun',

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

http://www.sheboyganpress.com/article/20100119/SHE0101/100119080/1973/SHE0205/Police-Robber-at-Belgium-truck-stop-used-finger-to-mime-gun

An alleged robber is on the run after allegedly using his finger to mime a gun and steal several hundred dollars from a Belgium truck stop, authorities said Tuesday.

The robbery occurred about 10 p.m. Monday at How-Dea Service Center, 109 Royal Ave., or county Highway LL, said Lt. Cory McCormick of the Ozaukee County Sheriff’s Department.

Manager Vickie Boehnlein said the robber entered the truck stop when there was just one employee in the store, a 25-year-old clerk who was finishing his shift.

“He came up behind the cashier, so the cashier did not know if he had a weapon,” Boehnlein said. “The cashier believed he did because he put a finger up against his back.”

McCormick said the man did not actually have a weapon. Boehnlein said the clerk is OK, “other than being frustrated by the whole thing and a little shaken up.”

Capt. David Guss said the robber was “totally disguised,” decked out in camouflage pants, skater(sk8R)-type shoes, a blue windbreaker over a blue hooded sweatshirt, a stocking cap, sunglasses, gloves and a scarf.

Guss said the location opens up a large pool of possible suspects.

“ It’s a freeway so there’s transient people that could do this, but there’s local people who could do this, too,” Guss said.

scorpio_vette

imported post

DEFINTE "skater-type shoes"...................

never get tired of the stupidity of newsreporters. is it weird that the ONLY reason i watch the news in the morning is so i can argue with the news reporters and bitch at them for an hour every morning??? my wife thinks i'm nuts, but at the same time she has to laugh because also hears all the stupid shit they say.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
scorpio_vette wrote:
DEFINTE "skater-type shoes".
Heel-less fabric/composite shoes that might have been tennis shoes but for the particular lacing and style of lacing.

Skateboarding is either a crime (on the public right of way) or trespassing on private property.
Bwaaah, I used to have a bumper sticker that said "Skateboarding is not a crime"
And I was quite the skate-rat in my early teens. Of course skate parks open a few decades later when I am too old to shred things up like I used to.

I am betting the guy was wearing a pair of "Vans" or "Airwalk" shoes, and those are being referred to as sk8er shoes.

SprayAndPray

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Master Doug Huffman wrote:
scorpio_vette wrote:
DEFINTE "skater-type shoes".
Heel-less fabric/composite shoes that might have been tennis shoes but for the particular lacing and style of lacing.

Skateboarding is either a crime (on the public right of way) or trespassing on private property.
Bwaaah, I used to have a bumper sticker that said "Skateboarding is not a crime"
And I was quite the skate-rat in my early teens. Of course skate parks open a few decades later when I am too old to shred things up like I used to.

I am betting the guy was wearing a pair of "Vans" or "Airwalk" shoes, and those are being referred to as sk8er shoes.

Wow , i did not know it was impossible , as in physically impossible , to get permission to skateboard on private property.....

Also please point me to theis federal law that makes it a crime to skateboard anywhere on public property......

How does that ego fit through your front door?

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

SprayAndPray wrote:
Wow , i did not know it was impossible , as in physically impossible , to get permission to skateboard on private property.

Also please point me to theis federal law that makes it a crime to skateboard anywhere on public property.

How does that ego fit through your front door?
Read Wisc. Stats. 943.13. If you are on private property not as invitee nor licensee then you are trespassing.

Federal law does not define the proper users of the public right of way but state law does. Maybe the term of art "public right of way" threw you. Here's a link URL that might help you, http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/lawbook.htm

My front door is specially built to pass my well earned ego but restrict the passage of the "exceptionally abled".