• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

batf illegally shuts down annual Texas gun show ?

kyleplusitunes

imported post

I heard about it on the radio, apparently the police and batf requested to the gun show owner no private firearms transfers, he said no, shut down show by revoking lease? anyone have details?

botheyesonyou

imported post

The building is owned by Wal Mart who leased it to the grocery chain HEB. HEB closed that location but sub leased the building out for public/private events. AFT, APD, HEB, and gun show promoter had a meeting last Thursday where the 2 law enforcement agencies pressured HEB into "suggesting" that gun show promoter post signs warning that no private sales were allowed. In Texas a private sale is legal, no paper work needed. During the gun show officers arrested one man but later let him go. Alex Jones interviewed the gun show promoter on Monday. As of today, HEB has decided not to rent the building to the gun show. The gun show had an agreement to be there the 3rd week of every month until 2011. Thats the short of it. If you want to watch the full 4 hour interview, start here. Watch all 6 of 6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2wvu8kvmK4

Yacope

imported post

I went there last Sunday and indeed they were handing out that notice. If they don't repeal this unlawful order of a Californian new comer the show is dead.

I saw NO ONE buy a gun from any of the few vendors there, there were no food vendors, roasted nut vendors...1/4 of the floor space was occupied.

We signed the petition.