• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A republican has won Ted Kennedy's seat.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" :celebrate

Amazing the same people that elected him for 47 years put a dagger through the heart of the 'health care' bill!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

We need more independent/libertarian type candidates. This two party system is a joke.

I am glad that he Brown won this seat over the alternative though.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
We need more independent/libertarian type candidates. This two party system is a joke.

I am glad that he Brown won this seat over the alternative though.
+1000

Two party politics is "business as usual". We won't get positive change in government until viable candidates are elected from OUTSIDE of the two major parties.

Squeak

imported post

Bookman wrote:
I like the idea, Squeak, but I don't think we have the candidate. So far she's raised millions (hundreds of thousands?), and her nearest competitor has raised about $45K.
Then we get behind her competion. ANYONE can do a better job. She is a mere puppet with all her srtings tangled up. We can kiss 2A good bye if we don't get people on our side. We need to sew up the wound instead of putting a band-aid on it. I dunno. Maybe a good old fashioned tar & feathering!

amlevin

imported post

SpokaneIrish wrote:
This relates to open carry in WA?

Anything that weakens Obama's "rule" is good for us here, including Open Carry. A loss for the Democrats in this supposedly "secure" seat race signals that the people are pissed at his Leftist Agenda, even in his Democratic Strongholds.

For all those that slept through history classes, first shot of the American Revolution was fired in Massachusetts at Lexington. First appearance of the "Militia" using their own weapons, not those issued by the military. Maybe this was a "first shot" of a new revolution. Let's hope that the momentum carries and the local "Libs" can be sent home, unemployed, come November.

DEROS72

imported post

It was great news . What I liked about it as well was it wasn't even close or she never once closed the gap telling me people are a little annoyed with the arrogance of these people thinking they know whats best for the little people.The back room deals and what ever happened to putting the negotiations on C-Span so we could see whats up.This attidethat we need health care reform is absurd at best.My health care is fine .Ins. companie should be allowed to make profits ,it's how they stay in business and compete.Get off the it's a right band wagon and entitlement crap.Everyone pay their own.The tax payers don't owe us anything simply because we exist.

I also liked Browns statement on terrorists.He said we should be spending money to defeat terrorists ,not taxpayer dollars giving them lawyers.They are enemy combatants and have no rights.

We should keep up the pressure on the gun grabbing dems and let them know its time to stand down or get booted .I intend to go the Teaparty rallys etc. to keep the pressure on.Anyone know when this ban is up for discussion ?.I would like to see a whole lot of folks there letting them know ..best leave it alone.One more thing it was my understanding that braown got an A+ from the NRA.

DEROS72

imported post

Thats pretty sickening.Sucking up our tax dollars to go to a hyper liberal country to discuss global warming which one has in the first place be an imbicile to buy into.That is the arrogance of the progressive elitist.Same as Stalin.,Che rivera,Mao,all the others.They will lead us into being a third world country.We owe the world nothing,no apologies ,nothing.Im an American and will not apologize for the hard work and prosperity that built this nation.I will use what I wish, drive what I wish turn my heat up,andcarry the weapon of my choice,or whatever and not worry about what some low life third worlders think.Haite is a good example if it wasn't for decent Americans and our aid and generosity ,our navy,helicoptors and our prosperity they would have pretty much nothing right now.

Anyway I digress.Its this elitist who cares what the Constitution says we will do whats best for you attitude of theirs that really ticks me off.

I will not let them tear it down.To complete their agenda they will have to move forward with disarming Americans and trash the Constitution.

DEROS72

imported post

I was just watching Hannity .He showed a news clip where a reporter asked Rahm Emanuel"What do think of the first ammendment" he said " I think it is highly over rated" Holy crap people a presidential chief of staff that thinks the 1st ammendment is over rated.What does he then think of the second?

I also saw a Boston resident respond when asked what he thought of the outcome he said..." We threw the tea in the harbor again."

antispam540

imported post

amlevin wrote:
Anything that weakens Obama's "rule" is good for us here, including Open Carry. A loss for the Democrats in this supposedly "secure" seat race signals that the people are pissed at his Leftist Agenda, even in his Democratic Strongholds.
Wasn't that what they elected him for? Guess they just assumed "change" meant "better". I've been saying "I told you so" a LOT lately. What surprises me is how shocked some people are when he a) doesn't do what he said he was going to do and b) does stuff they thought he wouldn't, like giving one of the RIAA's favorite lawyers a coveted Department of Justice post.

There is no real change in a two-party system - except change for the worse.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I am very happy that Brown won, however he only won by 1.5 % not much. Yes I know it was in Mass. and that makes it bigger. Not to dampen this parade but 47% still voted for Coackley. We need to keep the pressure on if we are going to count this as a step forward.