• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A republican has won Ted Kennedy's seat.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Squeak wrote:
Bookman wrote:
I like the idea, Squeak, but I don't think we have the candidate. So far she's raised millions (hundreds of thousands?), and her nearest competitor has raised about $45K.
Then we get behind her competion. ANYONE can do a better job. She is a mere puppet with all her srtings tangled up. We can kiss 2A good bye if we don't get people on our side. We need to sew up the wound instead of putting a band-aid on it. I dunno. Maybe a good old fashioned tar & feathering!
I was just talking to my freind about this and we had this wild fantasy about wouldn't it be great to get someone elected without millions or even for practically nothing, then that person would have no "special interest"? With you tube, face book, twitter and good old fashioned word of mouth I think it could be done but would take a lot of elbow grease.

There was an older man in Hilo, Hawaii who was tired of the same old mayor and machine. So he signed himself up as a candidate, sat on the side of various major roads with his sign for election and won by a lot of votes, ended up folks were also tired of the same old machine. He did this for practically free while the competition spent a lot of money.

Metalhead47

imported post

Orphan wrote:
I am very happy that Brown won, however he only won by 1.5 % not much. Yes I know it was in Mass. and that makes it bigger. Not to dampen this parade but 47% still voted for Coackley. We need to keep the pressure on if we are going to count this as a step forward.
I say it's much more than just bigger, BECAUSE it's taxachusetts. Teddy *hic* Kennedy won by like 70-75% since he'd got the seat.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

911Boss wrote:
Orphan wrote:
I am very happy that Brown won, however he only won by 1.5 % not much...

Actually, he won by 5% and that is a legitmate margin in most areas and in Mass I think most would consider it huge. The real telling number is that over 20% of the registered democrats voted for him.
I think the Dems that voted Repwere the real story, I agree with you there. Your also are correct that he won by 5% however he only really won by 2.6% not 5%. The Dem only need 2.6% more votes to win.The winmargin is 50% smaller than it looks like on the surface.