• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Linda McMahaon

Lou

imported post

Has anyone gotten any response from the Linda McMahon Senate Campaign regarding firearms issues??? I have emailed her3 or 4times about her stance on gun rights, and she has yet to get back to me. If this is her way of saying that she is not in favor of our rights then I suggest we try and get the word out, we don't need another Lieberman or Dodd, or god help us Blumenthal in the Senate.

Tazman2

imported post

Not to be OT but I personally prefer them to admit that open carry is legal so we can stop being forced to obey a law that doesn't exist but that's just me! :)

PS: Seeing that we are in CT and MA, NY and NJ is around us its not gonna happen. They barely like giving away their own permits let alone let us in with our permits! :p

buketdude

imported post

Peter Schiff was the only one who responded to my emails regarding the2nd Amendment...he is very pro-gun....i already kinda knew this being as he seems very libertarian...

mrjam2jab

imported post

GoldCoaster wrote:
Don't anger her, she will come over and give you a suplex or some other WWE type move.

She'll sick her son-in-law on you... :shock:

Triple%20H-7.JPG

buketdude

imported post

I will also add on the Governor front, the Democratic side, although not sure if he would win, Former House Speaker Jim Amann has always been on the side of gun rights. Although off topic, he also opposed and still does the State Income Tax and tried to lead a charge to repeal it..He supports the Death Penalty and might be the most Conservative Candidate running for Governor...

My personol opinion is more issues that affect our lives are on the State Level and more focus should go to getting Pro- Freedom Candidates into the State Capitol...

stacks04

imported post

buketdude wrote:
Peter Schiff was the only one who responded to my emails regarding the2nd Amendment...he is very pro-gun....i already kinda knew this being as he seems very libertarian...
i saw his campaign cards in the bulletin bin at hoffmans yesterday. i got a good laugh because on my way home dan lavallo had him on for an interview. he seems pretty smart.

buketdude

imported post

Second Amendment: America has a long history of gun ownership, and I fully support 2nd Amendment rights.

http://www.linda2010.com/issues/

To be honest..asa libertarian I kind of agree with her on lots of things...now how she will actually vote is a whole different matter...I still like Peter Schiff the best

I don't know why she says " I support current state law on the death penalty, which allows for capitol punishment.".....She isnot running for State Government...

stacks04

imported post

on the lavallo show they had a guy on friday talking about the candidates for senate. his point of view was that either schiff or mcmahan would be good, linda was a much more open, accessible candidate. getting out the word and getting out the impression that she really wants the job vs schiff who hasnt set any public appearances ect. the guys words were "cocky". i dont know him at all other than the radio interview so i will be watching close, but if that is the way he is, i personally dont want him near the seat. we have to much of that already. i want to know that if "the people" call him or email him that it will resinate somewhat in there minds. not just pushed off like dodd did/does.

gluegun

imported post

Lou wrote:
Has anyone gotten any response from the Linda McMahon Senate Campaign regarding firearms issues???
Someone I trust who met her and brought up the issue of gun rights. They said her eyes went wide with shock she said something along the lines of "I support the 2nd Amendment. Here, talk to my aide."

She doesn't seem at all interested.

gluegun

imported post

buketdude wrote:
Second Amendment: America has a long history of gun ownership, and I fully support 2nd Amendment rights.

http://www.linda2010.com/issues/
How far does her "full support" go?
Does she support the complete repeal of all gun control laws including any restriction on the ownership of machine guns?
Does she think that states and towns should have the power/authority to restrict where, when, and how people can own and/or carry guns?
Does she back DC/Chicago style gun bans?

Her statement that she "fully support" the 2nd Amendment tells us absolutely nothing.

Leverdude

imported post

Nope, it sure dont.

My kid takes tae kwon do with another kid who's mom works for her campaign.
I'm trying to feel her out on it & guns dont seem real important to her. For whatever its worth I get no e-mail relplies either.

FMJ

imported post

I actually asked her, point blank, "Do you belive in the right of private citizens to bear arms for personal protection?"

Her response was, "I believe in the Second Amendment" and she quickly went on to the next question. When I tried to followup, I was ignored.

Last edited:

romma

imported post

Gluegun was referring to me in the earlier post. Response (eyes saucer wide): I am all about the 2nd Amendment, yea, the right to bear arms; Here, Talk to my Aide"...

dynotime

imported post

Does any one believe you will get a Honest reply from any one running for the Senate? We will not know how they FEEL on this subject until they VOTE and then it will be to late. BTW what is Dicks view on this Subject.
I hope one you guys gets some results.