Thread: CT Reciprocity and A new AG

Post imported post

With Blumenthal running for Senate, and ostensibly giving up his post as AG of CT, it is time for us to try and push for the new AG candidates to enter into some reciprocity agreements with other states. It would be nice to not have to obtain 2 permits just so I can excersise my rights outside of CT (not counting the 7 or 8 states that already honor our permit).

Post imported post

The AG has no authority over reciprocity with other states, it would have to originate in and be enacted bythe General Assembly.

Post imported post

Couldn't the AG suggest it similar to the way that DPS is suggesting they pass legislation requireing concealment?

Post imported post

Anyone can suggest legislation even private citizens.

It is best to submit your suggestion through one or more friendly legislators.

Post imported post

Sorry, I did not know that, I was under theknowledge that the AG was the person whom entered into reciprocity agreements with other states. Thanks for the Info.

Post imported post

In some states that is the case. Connecticut has no provision (that I'm aware of) in statute for entering into reciprocity agreements. Therefore, the only way to address this is through legislation.

Post imported post

Things could be brewing on the issue of Permits and different states and multiple residences.

Go to this link and pay attention to the argument on the Right to Travel and be treated equally.

http://ctgunrights.com/00.ca.docs/SD...2001.14.10.pdf

Don't get your hopes up but things could change with some of the pending litigation in the Federal Courts.

Again, don't get your hope up.