• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CT Reciprocity and A new AG

Lou

imported post

With Blumenthal running for Senate, and ostensibly giving up his post as AG of CT, it is time for us to try and push for the new AG candidates to enter into some reciprocity agreements with other states. It would be nice to not have to obtain 2 permits just so I can excersise my rights outside of CT (not counting the 7 or 8 states that already honor our permit).

Edward Peruta

imported post

The AG has no authority over reciprocity with other states, it would have to originate in and be enacted bythe General Assembly.

Edward Peruta

imported post

Anyone can suggest legislation even private citizens.

It is best to submit your suggestion through one or more friendly legislators.

Lou

imported post

Sorry, I did not know that, I was under theknowledge that the AG was the person whom entered into reciprocity agreements with other states. Thanks for the Info.

gluegun

imported post

In some states that is the case. Connecticut has no provision (that I'm aware of) in statute for entering into reciprocity agreements. Therefore, the only way to address this is through legislation.

Edward Peruta

imported post

Things could be brewing on the issue of Permits and different states and multiple residences.

Go to this link and pay attention to the argument on the Right to Travel and be treated equally.

http://ctgunrights.com/00.ca.docs/SD%20Federal%20Denial%2001.14.10.pdf

Don't get your hopes up but things could change with some of the pending litigation in the Federal Courts.

Again, don't get your hope up.