• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Inside Bay Area' Open Carry Story

Gundude

imported post

The Brady bunch have no valid reasons to ban guns, so now they are using the lame one about being intimidatedat the sight of a gun, and someone insane might get a gun. As long as one of them doesn't have a gun, the insanity problem is void.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The only problem with this story is that like the KTVU story, it states that UOC is legal but does not mention school zones. The KTVU story led to the 74 yo man being arrested for 626.9. This could have similar results. Comments should be posted mentioning school zones and, of course, this site.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

MudCamper wrote:
The only problem with this story is that like the KTVU story, it states that UOC is legal but does not mention school zones. The KTVU story led to the 74 yo man being arrested for 626.9. This could have similar results. Comments should be posted mentioning school zones and, of course, this site.
That is a shame. Although any one ignorant enough to take a newsarticle as their source for legal advice obviously has gotten luckyskating through life and not in prison by now.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Funny. I never thought I would agree with a comment made by a Brady campaign advocate.

Yes. I carry a firearm openly to intimidate people- Specifically, people with criminal intent. If there is a peripheral effect that others are on their best behavior while openly armed people are around, then I am all for it.

I agree that the media should make mention that their are restrictions... ridiculous ones at that, that prevent carry in certain areas,... but by virtue that we are talking about firearms in California, common sense would dictate that you investigate before acting.

The coverage though, has completely defied pro-gunners expectations... It has been balanced in most cases, and largely has been positive. We have been blessed, fortunately, with coverage that has not included any misteps by advocates. I keep crossing my fingers.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Streetbikerr6 wrote:
MudCamper wrote:
That is a shame. Although any one ignorant enough to take a newsarticle as their source for legal advice obviously has gotten luckyskating through life and not in prison by now.
Actually, that individual, after viewing the KTVU story, asked 2 cops, and they told him it was legal, but nobody ever mentioned school zones along the way.

I just posted a school zone warning in the youtube comments.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I find that I can intimidate people the most when I am holding the door open for somebody. Or when I am tipping the cashier for friendly service, that really intimidates people. I wish I could tell how well my intimidation was working when I am sitting around, talking to people, and ignoring everybody else...but I'm ignoring them so....

The Brady Campaign is like a Wikipedia without citations. Hand waving and scare mongering doesn't convince anybody with half a brain.

oc4ever

imported post

If you listen to the news clip of the San Mateo Assistant District Attorney, it would leave the uninformed to believe that you can carry a holstered gun period. It also does not mention that it has to be unloaded or not within a school zone.

Though this news piece was exceptionally well balanced in presentation, which is unusual, it also could lead to more OC GFSZ incidents.

At my trial, I will use this clip to show that the DA said it was OK to carry my .50 cal next to my local elementary school......can I go home now Judge???

Livermoron

imported post

Hi All,

I was in attendance at the meetup in the video. I thought that the public interactions that took place were generally cordial and at times jovial. Many fliers passed out.

I too am concerned that the GFSZ was not mentioned in the video. In future media involvement I will make it a point to ask that they try to prominently include this fact.

Carry On,

Livermoron :cool: