• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

February Tidewater OC dinner

45acpForMe

imported post

I got confirmation that Sheriff Danny Diggs is going to attend. :)

I'll create a list of attendees & headcount as we get closer.

Edited: for the life of me I can't spell Shhhherrrrrifff correctly!!!

Kujo21

imported post

Any room for recent newbie to VA??? Just moved here from the prison camp named Maryland, looking to get involved.

45acpForMe

imported post

Kujo21 wrote:
Any room for recent newbie to VA??? Just moved here from the prison camp named Maryland, looking to get involved.
Yes, the back room holds 40-45 so if we go over that the late comers will need to spill over into the main dining area. I fully expect us to max out the back room.

45acpForMe

imported post

I have also extended an email-invitation to Brenda Pogge Delegate, 96th District to see if she wanted to join us this dinner or another. She had emailed me personally after receiving my email in support of her bill. (I like that it wasn't some canned response and I like her bill letting people keep guns stored in their cars in parking lots)

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

With an historic response like this, maybe we should reserve the main room of the restaurant and let the regular diners use the back room!!!

(And by the way, my experience with Brenda Pogge is that she is really with us all the way. She doesn't mince words and what you see is what you get.)

45acpForMe

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
With an historic response like this, maybe we should reserve the main room of the restaurant and let the regular diners use the back room!!!

(And by the way, my experience with Brenda Pogge is that she is really with us all the way. She doesn't mince words and what you see is what you get.)
As we got closer I was going to call the restaurant with a headcount and let them decide what would be best. If it works out that they are willing to let us do what you suggest and still be all together than so be it.

Adam12

imported post

Hey all, new to the forum (been lurking a while). I'd like to attend as well. I've always been a CCer, 8 years in Utah and now waiting on one here. I figure this would be a great place to get over the initial OC jitters.

Adam

45acpForMe

imported post

Adam12 wrote:
Hey all, new to the forum (been lurking a while). I'd like to attend as well. I've always been a CCer, 8 years in Utah and now waiting on one here. I figure this would be a great place to get over the initial OC jitters.
Welcome to the forum. If you have your Utah concealed carry permit it should be good here in VA. http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/virginia.pdf See you at the dinner.

45acpForMe

imported post

Here is the headcount so far.
40 plus 7 maybe's so far and a little over 2 weeks to go!

I called the restaurant and they told me the back room can hold as many as 60 people (although tightly).If more people confirm I will try to see if they will sit us together in the main restaurant.

I encourage people to attend just please confirm so I can give TCG an accurate headcount.

Adam12

imported post

Thanks for the reply, yep I wanted to use my Utah CC out here but I let it expire without renewal for too long. :cuss:

Been waiting on the VA permit for about 3 weeks.... counting the days.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Adam12 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, yep I wanted to use my Utah CC out here but I let it expire without renewal for too long. :cuss:

Been waiting on the VA permit for about 3 weeks.... counting the days.
No permit required to OC in Virginia - you're good to go.

Yata hey

6L6GC

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
Here is the headcount so far. If you plan to attend please post the number of people coming. I want to give the county grill as close an estimate as possible so they can have adequate waiting staff.

2 - Rob & Patty Whittman
2 - Danny & Patty Diggs
2 - 45acpForMe (1 teenager maybe)
1 - darthmord
4 - CRF250rider1000
1 - t33j
1 - Dr Mark (3 maybe)
2 - Bubba Ron
1 - kimbercarrier
2 - 2a4all
1 - 6L6GC
2 - ODA (1 maybe)
1 - aquinob1
2 - fully_armed_biker (1 teenager maybe)
1 - apollosmom
1 - Milbars
1 - ccloud43
1 - Dutch Uncle
2 - 1000ydshooter
1 - youngck
1 - Kujo21
2 - Wolf_shadow
3 - VAman49
1 - WhatTimeIsIt? (1 maybe)
1 - Pagan

I have also extended an email-invitation to Brenda Pogge Delegate, 96th District to see if she wanted to join us this dinner or another. She had emailed me personally after receiving my email in support of her bill. (I like that it wasn't some canned response and I like her bill letting people keep guns stored in their cars in parking lots)

That should be 2 for 6L6GC since my wife will also be coming to the dinner.