• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

February Tidewater OC dinner

45acpForMe

imported post

2/17/10 7-9pm County Grill, 1215 George Washington Memorial Highway, Yorktown, VA

I have received confirmation that Congressman Robert Wittman will be able to attend our OC dinner. I have also reserved the back room at the County Grill which they told me could hold 40-45 people from 7-9pm.

Invitations have also been sent out to Danny Diggs & his family as well as VCDL president Philip Van Cleave. I would expect a large crowd this time since the dinner with Danny was about 38 people. If we have to we can spill over into the main restaurant.

I am excited! Good food, good company & hopefully a great time had by all. I have not asked the congressman to give any speech or presentation but simply wanted an informal meet & greet over dinner. I am hoping that Philip can make it and will reserve a seat for him & family near the congressman if needed.

Edited to add: Danny Diggs has confirmed he will also attend with his wife Patty.

Last edited:

darthmord

imported post

Well, I'm going to addd this date to my calendar so I can make it. Having those folks be invited means it should be an interesting OCDO. I like interesting OCDOs.

Having Sheriff Diggs at a recent one was definitely good. Perhaps I ought to organize an OCDO and have my Senator and/or Representative be able to show up as well. I'llhave to keep this in mind. Thanks for the idea!

45acpForMe

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
We'll be there, I hope the date is really 2/17/10 (instead 2/17/20 yikes) :shock:
I like to plan for the future.:) I missed it but fixed it.

After the year 2000 people were asking if we needed to start worrying about the year 3000! I don't think that far ahead!

45acpForMe

imported post

DrMark wrote:
I'll talk to the wife about us attending.
I figure it is a good educational experience for the kids too. If nothing else it reminds them that our representatives are people too. Now how to convince the teenager to come.... voluntarily! I'm sure Sarah will be up for some ribs that night. ;-)

aquinob1

imported post

I think this may be an even greater turn out thanFuddruckers back in December!

Count me in +1!

C

ccloud43

imported post

i will make this one too, provided i can get through the tunnel before the dinner is over..

nova

imported post

Wish I could make it down but I have class that night and can't make the 2.75hr drive in time.

Have fun everyone :cool: