Thread: SCOTUS

Post imported post

I wondering if the court procedings will be available on Cspan or the internet. I would like to watch it, as it's a landmark case.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

SCOUTS hearings are never televised.

In 1996, Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter told a congressional committee that "the day you see a camera come into our courtroom, it's going to roll over my dead body."

Post imported post

Rusty wrote:
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

Quite frankly I do not like this. I think all government functions should be video taped and put in a perpetual archive. Including Congressional hearings, congressional offices courts and any meetings with the president.

Some would have to be held back for a time, due to sensitive information (read classified stuff), but after some years, even that stuff should come out. It is important from a historical standpoint. After all, they are public servants, working on our dime. They should be held to account for what they do.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

Audio recordings and transcripts will be available shortly after the oral arguments. You can usually find both at http://oyez.org around a week after the arguments.

Post imported post

That is McDonald v Chicago...

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...mp;forum_id=12

and Alan Gura's website, Chicago Gun Case .com, has up to date info with all the pleadings and briefs.

NPR on McDonald http://www.chicagopublicradio.org/Co...?audioID=38932

The 'DC v Heller' winning team - Bob Levy and Alan Gura:

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Rusty wrote:

In 1996, Supreme Court Justice David H. Souter told a congressional committee that "the day you see a camera come into our courtroom, it's going to roll over my dead body."
    That's a pretty funny statement from Justice Souter.

It is a touchy issue I think for good reasons and may not be so beneficial to start throwing it in the muck with everything else that has been perverted on TV.

State Researcher

Post imported post

tekshogun wrote:
    Rusty wrote:

That's a pretty funny statement from Justice Souter.

It is a touchy issue I think for good reasons and may not be so beneficial to start throwing it in the muck with everything else that has been perverted on TV.
    +1

I think the prospect of a few minutes of fame may cause outrageous behavior which would only disrupt the court room.

I'm all for people having full access, but that means being able to sit in person. I think it's great that they post transcripts and audio, but I think that's above and beyond what they would be required to do.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.