• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Information for AR's

brianstone1985

imported post

I'm looking at purchasing an AR or possibly building my own with some deals for lowers I see around now and then. What sites would those in the know direct me to learn more about the AR building process and a good breakdown of the laws in WA regarding AR's should I choose to build.

Much appreciated.

Brian-

kito109654

imported post

David.Car wrote:
http://www.ar15.com

Look no further. Welcome to arfcom :D

Edit: If you post in the WA forum, don't forget beer.

Do you post there? I got shredded in the WA forum for asking to borrow a tool. I can't lie, they handled it like children.

For me, it's a reference I think. Not sure I could get along with them and the bandwagon mentality.

On a more posotive note, I'm right in the middle of my very first build and I'm loving it so far. I thought about doing a buildumentary here in the WA forum but it's so off topic...

ETA: I stand corrected, I checked my PMs and found some help... and the thread has taken a turn as well. Maybe I can weed through the BS.

David.Car

imported post

jchen012 wrote:
Please don't go to BARFDOTCOM. They seriously act like children. This forum is much much better:

http://www.m4carbine.net/forum.php

But with the amount of people registered there is a wealth of knowledge unsurmountable on the arfcom.

The techforums will hold an answer to any question you can think of.

The general discussion can be humorous at times as well.

@Kito: I be David_ESM on the arf.

heresolong

imported post

brianstone1985 wrote:
I'm looking at purchasing an AR or possibly building my own with some deals for lowers I see around now and then. What sites would those in the know direct me to learn more about the AR building process and a good breakdown of the laws in WA regarding AR's should I choose to build.

Much appreciated.

Brian-
You are also going to want to own the two books by Scott Duff and Walt Kuleck, The AR15 Complete Owners Guide and The AR15 Complete Assembly Guide. These are the best books out there for what you want to do. I am an amateur but experienced M-14 smith and have built ARs myself so let me know if you have questions.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
David.Car wrote:
http://www.ar15.com

Look no further. Welcome to arfcom :D

Edit: If you post in the WA forum, don't forget beer.

Do you post there? I got shredded in the WA forum for asking to borrow a tool. I can't lie, they handled it like children.

For me, it's a reference I think. Not sure I could get along with them and the bandwagon mentality.

On a more posotive note, I'm right in the middle of my very first build and I'm loving it so far. I thought about doing a buildumentary here in the WA forum but it's so off topic...

ETA: I stand corrected, I checked my PMs and found some help... and the thread has taken a turn as well. Maybe I can weed through the BS.
I've had the same feeling there on the Washington forum. The general forums seem to be a little better though. Both websites have a massive ammount of knowlege on the subject. I learned alot on both when I was in the market to buy.