Thread: Pistol Permit for Business from out of state

Post imported post

Is it possible to get a NYS Pistol Permit for Target shooting if your business is out of state? For example, My parents own a Limo company, and i work for them, and we go to NYS alot, more so then in CT, which is where i currently live. Do i have to have a business that resides in NY or does the fact that alot of business happens in NY help me out? I would appreciate any information anyone can give me on the subject, thank you very much.

Post imported post

You must be a full time resident of New York State in order to apply for a New York State Pistol License. You must be a full time resident of the county (or major city) through which you apply for the license.

Under what conditions you do business is irrelevant if you live out of state. There is no reciprocity between New York State and any other state. There are no provisions to transport a handgun into and around New York State if you are not licensed (except law enforcement).

There is a very limited exemption for shooting team coaches, you do not fall into that category.

Post imported post

I disagree. I am a FL resident, that works part time in NY and I was granted a NYS carry permit 2 years ago.

Post imported post

Bump,,,

I disagree. I am a FL resident, that works part time in NY and I was granted a NYS carry permit 2 years ago.
    I'm interested in this. its the first I'v heard of it.

Post imported post

I have heard of a few permits issued as BUSINESS carry to non-state residents....in NYC....favors?I don't know....

Post imported post

The residency requirement does not apply if you request the license for a business need. A few years back when the press were publishing the names and addresses of permit holders for Rockland County and Westchester county there were a lot of CT and NJ addresses. There were even a couple of NH addresses.

Post imported post

The law states primary residence, place of employment, or place of primary business. I believe it's discretionary for the judge. If you list a business in NYS, it is possible to get the permit. By that same line, if said business were to close or relocate, that might be grounds for revocation of the permit.

Post imported post

do they contact the business you put down?