• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

100 &1 Uses for your Handgun

G27

imported post

"When I heard the gunshots I ran away because I was scared cause I thought to myself, 'who carries a gun in their car these days'?" Haha I laughed when he said that.

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

We should use this against the hands free crap going on lately.
I see so many cops talking on the cell phone its just ridiculous.
Sad part was I saw a cop who was talking on the phone with a cup of (probably) coffee in his hand almost hit somebody when he ran a red light without any lights on.
The cop never even bothered to even tap the brakes.
Just kept going as if nothing happened. :cuss:

He probably would have pulled over the person he almost hit if he noticed that person did some crazy driving to avoid hitting the cop... That really really pissed me off.

I am not LE bashing but trying to point out its stupid people like that who ruin things for others who can easily talk and drive at the same time.

Metalhead47

imported post

I am not LE bashing but trying to point out its stupid people like that who ruin things for others who can easily talk and drive at the same time.
Sorry dude, no matter how much you may yell & scream to the contrary, you can not "easily talk & drive at the same time." No matter how good a driver you think you are, you simply aren't when you've got that phone in your ear. There are stacks & stacks of data, studies, and reports on this. Yakking on the phone is as bad or worse than driving drunk. You are distracted, and a hazard.

That's my 2c, I'm done.

killchain

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
That's a cool way out and everything...but a HANDS free device startling you while driving?? Come on now....
Hahaha. I was backing out of a parking space, a car alarm went off next to my truck, startled the crap out of me, and some woman drove behind me... and guess what? SHE WAS ON A CELL PHONE.

EDIT: Forgot to mention she caught a taste of my bumper. Hence the story.

amzbrady

imported post

easily talk and drive at the same time.

everybody can until the first time it effects someone elses life.

Just like a guy on here said he knows his limit and has no problem driving buzzed. Yes, I guess no one does untill something happens.

Bovaloe

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
Sorry dude, no matter how much you may yell & scream to the contrary, you can not "easily talk & drive at the same time." No matter how good a driver you think you are, you simply aren't when you've got that phone in your ear. There are stacks & stacks of data, studies, and reports on this. Yakking on the phone is as bad or worse than driving drunk. You are distracted, and a hazard.

That's my 2c, I'm done.
If you go that route than even having passengers talk to you is a hazard and you shouldnt be driving then either.
I say it depends on the person doing it, the vast majority cant do 2 things at once but a few can