• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Battle Creek OC Day

mikestilly

imported post

We're planning for next Saturday Jan 30th Battle Creek Scott & I will be heading out to Battle Creek to OC around town. The more we can get out there the better. Come on out and join us. Please post on the thread so we can get a head count. Scott said he will find us some places to OC around town. We'll bringing at least one video camera and I'll have my recorder.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
We're planning for next Saturday Jan 30th Battle Creek Scott & I will be heading out to Battle Creek to OC around town. The more we can get out there the better. Come on out and join us. Please post on the thread so we can get a head count. Scott said he will find us some places to OC around town. We'll bringing at least one video camera and I'll have my recorder.
Mike, can you choose another time? The Ponderosa Event in Lansing is the 30th. I suspect some of the members who plan to attend the Ponderosa Event would also like to participate in Battle Creek.

mikestilly

imported post

We can do that. I'll need to find out Scott's availability. Sunday the 31st I'm busy until around 2pm then I'm free the rest of the day. I dont know about other but lets get some posters on here and see who's interesting in going and when people are free.

scot623

imported post

I'm free the 30th but not the 31st(neices christening). This would be one hellof a way to break myOC cherry. I was hoping to wait untilourbaby adoption process was done, but this is a big deal. BTW, the only holster I have for my S&W Sigma is a Fobus paddle holster. Seeing as that it doesn't have a retention strap, is that an appropriate OC holster?

G

imported post

This would be a great one for my Sig556 folder. Wish I was up there freezing with you guys (NOT).

Sic 'em Mike!!!

lil_freak_66

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
Mike, can you choose another time? The Ponderosa Event in Lansing is the 30th. I suspect some of the members who plan to attend the Ponderosa Event would also like to participate in Battle Creek.

i feel it would be smarter to postpone a week or 2,preferably 2 so that i can attend!

30th is our ponderosa meet

Michigander

imported post

scot623 wrote:
the only holster I have for my S&W Sigma is a Fobus paddle holster. Seeing as that it doesn't have a retention strap, is that an appropriate OC holster?
In a group meet with plenty of situational awareness, sure, no problem.

For daily carry in an urban area, do not do that. Don't get me wrong, it can be done, and safely if you maintain a very careful watch of your surroundings and avoid overly crowded areas, but good retention holsters are too cheap for me to suggest you carry openly without one.

mastiff69

imported post

Met with the city attorney today, and i was told that the chief was not up to speed on the open carry issue ?,

1 ? shouldn't the chief know that you can NOT stop someone for obeying the law ? 2.you cannot detain someone for doing nothing wrong ?

Was told that the chief should NOThave given that interview, (ya think !!)

***Any how, (the city attorney) wants us at Open Carry to know that,

( the issue HAS been addressed with the Battle Creek Police Department concerning the carrying of firearms openly in Battle Creek)

( and that few more individuals still have yet to be trained)

Bronson

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
Met with the city attorney today, and i was told that the chief was not up to speed on the open carry issue ?,
That's interesting because when I emailed Chief Headings about it his response was "the State says it's legal and we follow State law."

Hmmmmm....

Bronson

sprinklerguy28

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:

1 ? shouldn't the chief know that you can NOT stop someone for obeying the law ? 2.you cannot detain someone for doing nothing wrong ?

Was told that the chief should NOT have given that interview, (ya think !!)

( the issue HAS been addressed with the Battle Creek Police Department concerning the carrying of firearms openly  in Battle Creek) 

Thank you for taking to the time to stand up for our rights.

Kimberguy

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
mastiff69 wrote:

Was told that the chief should NOThave given that interview, (ya think !!)

( the issue HAS been addressed with the Battle Creek Police Department concerning the carrying of firearms openly in Battle Creek)

Thank you for taking to the time to stand up for our rights.
i'm thinking i should be able to be there......

Kimberguy

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
SINCE NOBODY RESPONDED WITH A DAY We're keeping the 30th because it's good for me and Scott. Anyone want to meet up please post on the thread and let us know.
sat, i should be there< may bring a friend