• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Battle Creek OC Day

Kimberguy

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
So you guys figuring on 4:00 in BC then? I am down for the walk and then shooting.

My brother may be along too... I am not sure will know better by Friday whether he has to work...
the only issue i have with it being that late is it will be dark by the time we are done eating.
southside doesn't close until 8pm

mikestilly

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
It doesn't matter to me ... I can plan around whatever works out ... well almost whatever :lol:

OK this is the plan from what I see. Us from the east will be there at Ponderosa @ 2PM .. I figure give it 2 hours there to eat and chill out then off to BC which is an hour drive. Arrive 5PM walk in to town go shooting at the range then find a place to eat for dinner after a nice day of blasting paper targets.

Sounds like a nice day of OC'ing and fun.

G

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
5PM is is!!!! No one should be aloud to change it any more
5PM?!?!? That's right in the middle of nap time.

Geez, a mile and a half trek in the cold lugging a rifle and ammo right in the middle of nap time?!?!?

Now I know for sure I'm not going to be there!!!

Kimberguy

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Kimberguy wrote:
5PM is is!!!! No one should be aloud to change it any more
5PM?!?!? That's right in the middle of nap time.

Geez, a mile and a half trek in the cold lugging a rifle and ammo right in the middle of nap time?!?!?

Now I know for sure I'm not going to be there!!!
you crack me up! i won't have more than 300 rounds

Bronson

imported post

Just so you know, after 5:00 you might have a short wait for a lane at the range (theyhave five lanes). If you double or triple up on thelanes it'll cost you a little less.

I wish we weren't so slammed at work so I could weasel some time off but, alas, the call of the filthy lucre is strong ...and I'm out of vacation time :?

Bronson

mikestilly

imported post

Bronson wrote:
Just so you know, after 5:00 you might have a short wait for a lane at the range (they have five lanes).  If you double or triple up on the lanes it'll cost you a little less.

I wish we weren't so slammed at work so I could weasel some time off but, alas, the call of the filthy lucre is strong ...and I'm out of vacation time :?

Bronson

Nothing wrong with a wait plus it's always better to double or triple up on a lane anyways for efficiency.

How many people do we have?

sprinklerguy28

imported post

As far as I know that is the plan. As long as Mike doesn't take to long getting his hair done :dude: (sorry Mike couldn't resist).

G

imported post

sprinklerguy28 wrote:
As far as I know that is the plan. As long as Mike doesn't take to long getting his hair done :dude: (sorry Mike couldn't resist).
:dude:John "mikestillly" Edwards :dude:

Kimberguy

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Any funny ammo rules we should know about for the shooting range?
standard ball rounds, WWB are always a safe bet there, used wolf, but not sure if they allow it. The are a nice relaxed range, only place i have never been yelled at for something. the owners are great people. no rifles, no shotguns, i don't know about 357 sig, never owned one so i'm not sure.

Kimberguy

imported post

as a side note, anyone coming form Jackson is more than welcome to ride with me, I'm planning on going to both Lansing and BC...... considering the AR..... we'll see. ;)

Bronson

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Any funny ammo rules we should know about for the shooting range?

They're pretty easy going. You can shoot whatever caliber handgun you want ...they have a S&W 500 for rent if you want to give it a go. If you want to burn through your hollow point SD ammo there are no restrictions although they have recently put up a sign prohibiting reloaded ammo but you can bring your own store bought stuff (there is no range officer or anybody checking your ammo wink wink).

If everyone on the range agrees they will also allow you to kill the lights to practice low light shooting.

No minimum distance required and I often practice point/hip shooting. Each lane also has shutters (at least they used to, I don't remember if they were still there the last time I went) so you can practice shooting around cover.

Bronson