Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Brady Campaign Gives Obama an "F"

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    I am not sure what to say, I still don't give him personally an A, but he hasn't been as bad as everyone thought. I still can't carry nationwide, despite a background in law enforcement (I dont qualify!).

    Thoughts?

    Pace
    http://www.libertypace.com
    Thoughts on Liberty and Freedom

  2. #2
    Regular Member NY2AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Yuma, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    75

    Post imported post

    I think the reason he hasn't been as bad as we thought he would is because we've been watching him, as well as all of congress like a hawk.
    If ever you find yourself in a situation where you can't be safe, be violent!

  3. #3
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    NY2AZ wrote:
    I think the reason he hasn't been as bad as we thought he would is because ....
    Three little words:



    N R A

  4. #4
    Regular Member NY2AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Yuma, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    75

    Post imported post

    HankT wrote:
    NY2AZ wrote:
    I think the reason he hasn't been as bad as we thought he would is because ....
    Three little words:

    ┬*

    N R A
    Touch├ę
    If ever you find yourself in a situation where you can't be safe, be violent!

  5. #5
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950

    Post imported post

    It looks to me that he/they have a plan in place. Instead of fighting battle after battle through the Congress and the courts, they will attempt to deal a death blow to 2A through the UN small arms treaty. Obama has said he will sign it. They will rely on the force of this international treaty to restrict or confiscate our guns. Many Judges, including SCOTUSJusticesbelieve that international treaties take force over our constitution. The only real obstacle in his path would be ratification. Seeing how those who represent us in Washington thumbed their collective noses at us over bailouts and health care, I would say there is a good chance that they will pass this as well. Given these disasters they might just think they can get away with it. If on the other hand they think they are collectively going to get tossed out on their backsides anyway, this could be a final F.U. from them.

    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  6. #6
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post



    The Big Guy wrote:
    It looks to me that he/they have a plan in place....they will attempt to deal a death blow to 2A through the UN small arms treaty. Obama has said he will sign it. They will rely on the force of this international treaty to restrict or confiscate our guns. ...I would say there is a good chance that they will pass this as well...
    Do you know how many guns there are in the United States, BG?

    You really think that such a treaty would pass?


  7. #7
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950

    Post imported post

    The longer I live, the more I have discovered that what I once assumed to be impossible, or at the very least improbable often timesis very possible. And yes, there are 200 million +firearms in the US give or take a few. In fact the number of guns isa card they play in order to attempt togain support fortheir agenda. If you are asking do I think they will try it my answer is, they are trying it. Whether or not it would ultimately succeed in the face of an armed populace, that is another question. Let's remember that the loss of liberty that we have seen in this country has come gradually, chip by chip. If they loose on this, they will simply try again and again.
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    17

    Post imported post

    HankT wrote:

    The Big Guy wrote:
    It looks to me that he/they have a plan in place....they will attempt to deal a death blow to 2A through the UN small arms treaty. Obama has said he will sign it. They will rely on the force of this international treaty to restrict or confiscate our guns. ...I would say there is a good chance that they will pass this as well...
    Do you know how many guns there are in the United States, BG?

    You really think that such a treaty would pass?
    +1

    Too many Freedom loving Americans with guns.
    These newbz in DC were barely able to pass their entitlement program with their super majority. I highly doubt that they could rally 2/3's of their brethren to walk over that cliff, especially after they've been put on notice by the Massachusetts voters.

  9. #9
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950

    Post imported post

    You could very well be right (hopefully you are). If not successful on this, they will try something else. The anti's are not going away or giving in.
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Isn't that three letters?

    HankT wrote:
    NY2AZ wrote:
    I think the reason he hasn't been as bad as we thought he would is because ....
    Three little words:



    N R A

  11. #11
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    Pace wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    NY2AZ wrote:
    I think the reason he hasn't been as bad as we thought he would is because ....
    Three little words:



    N R A


    Isn't that three letters?

    Yep.

    And one badazz political lobbying entity...

    Who's been better?

    The onlyones I can think of is the tobacco lobbyists--and that's a group of firms.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Phoenix AZ, ,
    Posts
    163

    Post imported post

    Pace wrote:
    I am not sure what to say, I still don't give him personally an A, but he hasn't been as bad as everyone thought. I still can't carry nationwide, despite a background in law enforcement (I dont qualify!).

    Thoughts?

    Pace
    http://www.libertypace.com
    Thoughts on Liberty and Freedom
    So, what you're advocating here is a dual class of citizen, LEO and not LEO? Normal citizens should have exactly the same rights to carry as those in LE, nothing more, nothing less. It's kinda why the 14th amendment was passed, and the LEOSA act should be declared unconstitutional because of that amendment.

    Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

    Clyde

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    No, I didn't say that LE should have more of a right than anyone else, feel free to read my article that states this: http://www.libertypace.com/journal/2...ights-pt1.html

    I was just saying that I don't qualify by the strict definition, which shows that having any law is silly as can be. The constitution allows everyone to carry a gun, I shouldn't have to "prove" that I need one.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Phoenix AZ, ,
    Posts
    163

    Post imported post

    Pace wrote:
    No, I didn't say that LE should have more of a right than anyone else, feel free to read my article that states this: http://www.libertypace.com/journal/2...ights-pt1.html

    I was just saying that I don't qualify by the strict definition, which shows that having any law is silly as can be. The constitution allows everyone to carry a gun, I shouldn't have to "prove" that I need one.
    Oh, OK, that's why I phrased it as an interrogative as opposed to a declarative.

    Liked the blog, good stuff there.

    Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

    Clyde

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Thanks Ken,

    Here is a 10 minute thing I did this morning, thinking of creating a few sites like this with real numbers. http://www.bradyaspirin.com

    Just read that some study was saying that 34 people in the last two years were killed by CCW holders.

    I was thinking to myself, huh? That mean 16 people a year.

    Around 100 people a year are killed by lightening. So you have more of a chance (800% more) to be killed by lightening than by a CCW permit holder?

    What blew me away was that they were promoting it as if this was a HUGE number. That CCW holders are violent, and kill people left and right. I think more people are killed by rabid squirrels.


  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Phoenix AZ, ,
    Posts
    163

    Post imported post

    Pace wrote:
    Thanks Ken,

    Here is a 10 minute thing I did this morning, thinking of creating a few sites like this with real numbers. http://www.bradyaspirin.com

    Just read that some study was saying that 34 people in the last two years were killed by CCW holders.

    I was thinking to myself, huh? That mean 16 people a year.

    Around 100 people a year are killed by lightening. So you have more of a chance (800% more) to be killed by lightening than by a CCW permit holder?

    What blew me away was that they were promoting it as if this was a HUGE number. That CCW holders are violent, and kill people left and right. I think more people are killed by rabid squirrels.
    [*]
    AZ rabies cases broke records in 2009 | www.azstarnet.com ®
    In 2009, 47 people in Arizona were exposed to confirmed rabid animals. ... A Marana police officer killed the javelina. The victim was transported to Oro ...
    www.azstarnet.com/sn/85743/323613 - www.azstarnet.com/sn/85743/323613+people+killed+by+rabid+animals+stats&cd =8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us]Cached[/url]
    Seems you're spot on, I just did a google searched and this popped up LOL. The link isn't good anymore but it proves your point.



    Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

    Clyde

  17. #17
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855

    Post imported post

    Whether or not obooba signs the un crap, it will die in the Senate. We had 58 pro-gun votes this past year. With Brown, it's now 59. In an election year, except for the lunatic fringe like that pos schumer, the kalifornia ********, the jersey pos, etc, no one running for reelection in any kind of close race would touch it with a 10 foot pole. Reid knows better.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

  18. #18
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    Gunslinger wrote:
    Whether or not obooba signs the un crap, it will die in the Senate. We had 58 pro-gun votes this past year. With Brown, it's now 59. In an election year, except for the lunatic fringe like that pos schumer, the kalifornia @#$%s, the jersey pos, etc, no one running for reelection in any kind of close race would touch it with a 10 foot pole. Reid knows better.
    Reid will be history in the coming election. Prob'lylosing to a Republican. The Senate cannot (by their oath) abrogate the Constitution or any part thereof to an international body by treaty or any such contrivance affecting the United States or it's territories and possessions. It is the duty of the Senate to ratify foreign treaties... no matter what anyone (including the PotUS)'signs' to the contrary. To relinquish national sovereignty toa foreign entityis Treason.

    Then... there's that little matter of State Constitutions such as exist in Arizona and elsewhere under 10A.The UN can go pound sand.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Don't always agree with you SR, but amen.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Vista, California, USA
    Posts
    516

    Post imported post

    The Brady Campaign may have given Obama an F, but I give him an F U every time I see him on TV.

  21. #21
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787

    Post imported post

    Pace wrote:
    Thanks Ken,

    Here is a 10 minute thing I did this morning, thinking of creating a few sites like this with real numbers. http://www.bradyaspirin.com

    Just read that some study was saying that 34 people in the last two years were killed by CCW holders.

    I was thinking to myself, huh? That mean 16 people a year.

    Around 100 people a year are killed by lightening. So you have more of a chance (800% more) to be killed by lightening than by a CCW permit holder?

    What blew me away was that they were promoting it as if this was a HUGE number. That CCW holders are violent, and kill people left and right. I think more people are killed by rabid squirrels.
    Not only that, but I'm willing to bet that nearly all of those 16 per year were justified as self-defense.

    Let's say just one of those weren't justified as self-defense. This would mean the average U.S. Citizens is 100 times more likely to be killed by lightening than to be wrongly killed by a CCW holder.

    That's a 10,000% greater chance of being killed by lightening.

    However, I suspect it's lower, so it's "more than 100 times."
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  22. #22
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    The Senate cannot (by their oath) abrogate the Constitution or any part thereof to an international body by treaty or any such contrivance affecting the United States or it's territories and possessions.
    And when has that ever stopped them? How many Amendments are currently being ignored? Their oath means nothing to them, and since no one have the sack to hold them to the consequences of their treason, they act with impunity.

    the continued belief that The Constitution will save us, is foolish. No one in this country's government pays any attention to it anymore. Except as really old toilet paper...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •