• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Campaign Gives Obama an "F"

Pace

imported post

I am not sure what to say, I still don't give him personally an A, but he hasn't been as bad as everyone thought. I still can't carry nationwide, despite a background in law enforcement (I dont qualify!).

Thoughts?

Pace
http://www.libertypace.com
Thoughts on Liberty and Freedom

NY2AZ

imported post

I think the reason he hasn't been as bad as we thought he would is because we've been watching him, as well as all of congress like a hawk.

The Big Guy

imported post

It looks to me that he/they have a plan in place. Instead of fighting battle after battle through the Congress and the courts, they will attempt to deal a death blow to 2A through the UN small arms treaty. Obama has said he will sign it. They will rely on the force of this international treaty to restrict or confiscate our guns. Many Judges, including SCOTUSJusticesbelieve that international treaties take force over our constitution. The only real obstacle in his path would be ratification. Seeing how those who represent us in Washington thumbed their collective noses at us over bailouts and health care, I would say there is a good chance that they will pass this as well. Given these disasters they might just think they can get away with it. If on the other hand they think they are collectively going to get tossed out on their backsides anyway, this could be a final F.U. from them.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

The Big Guy wrote:
It looks to me that he/they have a plan in place....they will attempt to deal a death blow to 2A through the UN small arms treaty. Obama has said he will sign it. They will rely on the force of this international treaty to restrict or confiscate our guns. ...I would say there is a good chance that they will pass this as well...
Do you know how many guns there are in the United States, BG?

You really think that such a treaty would pass?

The Big Guy

imported post

The longer I live, the more I have discovered that what I once assumed to be impossible, or at the very least improbable often timesis very possible. And yes, there are 200 million +firearms in the US give or take a few. In fact the number of guns isa card they play in order to attempt togain support fortheir agenda. If you are asking do I think they will try it my answer is, they are trying it. Whether or not it would ultimately succeed in the face of an armed populace, that is another question. Let's remember that the loss of liberty that we have seen in this country has come gradually, chip by chip. If they loose on this, they will simply try again and again.

Klown

imported post

HankT wrote:
The Big Guy wrote:
It looks to me that he/they have a plan in place....they will attempt to deal a death blow to 2A through the UN small arms treaty. Obama has said he will sign it. They will rely on the force of this international treaty to restrict or confiscate our guns. ...I would say there is a good chance that they will pass this as well...
Do you know how many guns there are in the United States, BG?

You really think that such a treaty would pass?
+1

Too many Freedom loving Americans with guns.
These newbz in DC were barely able to pass their entitlement program with their super majority. I highly doubt that they could rally 2/3's of their brethren to walk over that cliff, especially after they've been put on notice by the Massachusetts voters.

The Big Guy

imported post

You could very well be right (hopefully you are). If not successful on this, they will try something else. The anti's are not going away or giving in.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Pace wrote:
HankT wrote:
NY2AZ wrote:
I think the reason he hasn't been as bad as we thought he would is because ....

Three little words:

N R A

Isn't that three letters? :)

Yep.

And one badazz political lobbying entity...

Who's been better?

The onlyones I can think of is the tobacco lobbyists--and that's a group of firms.

kenpoprofessor

imported post

Pace wrote:
I am not sure what to say, I still don't give him personally an A, but he hasn't been as bad as everyone thought. I still can't carry nationwide, despite a background in law enforcement (I dont qualify!).

Thoughts?

Pace
http://www.libertypace.com
Thoughts on Liberty and Freedom

So, what you're advocating here is a dual class of citizen, LEO and not LEO? Normal citizens should have exactly the same rights to carry as those in LE, nothing more, nothing less. It's kinda why the 14th amendment was passed, and the LEOSA act should be declared unconstitutional because of that amendment.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Pace

imported post

No, I didn't say that LE should have more of a right than anyone else, feel free to read my article that states this: http://www.libertypace.com/journal/2010/1/17/gun-rights-are-civil-rights-pt1.html

I was just saying that I don't qualify by the strict definition, which shows that having any law is silly as can be. The constitution allows everyone to carry a gun, I shouldn't have to "prove" that I need one.

kenpoprofessor

imported post

Pace wrote:
No, I didn't say that LE should have more of a right than anyone else, feel free to read my article that states this: http://www.libertypace.com/journal/2010/1/17/gun-rights-are-civil-rights-pt1.html

I was just saying that I don't qualify by the strict definition, which shows that having any law is silly as can be. The constitution allows everyone to carry a gun, I shouldn't have to "prove" that I need one.

Oh, OK, that's why I phrased it as an interrogative as opposed to a declarative.:D

Liked the blog, good stuff there.

Clyde

Pace

imported post

Thanks Ken,

Here is a 10 minute thing I did this morning, thinking of creating a few sites like this with real numbers. http://www.bradyaspirin.com

Just read that some study was saying that 34 people in the last two years were killed by CCW holders.

I was thinking to myself, huh? That mean 16 people a year.

Around 100 people a year are killed by lightening. So you have more of a chance (800% more) to be killed by lightening than by a CCW permit holder?

What blew me away was that they were promoting it as if this was a HUGE number. That CCW holders are violent, and kill people left and right. I think more people are killed by rabid squirrels.

kenpoprofessor

imported post

Pace wrote:
Thanks Ken,

Here is a 10 minute thing I did this morning, thinking of creating a few sites like this with real numbers. http://www.bradyaspirin.com

Just read that some study was saying that 34 people in the last two years were killed by CCW holders.

I was thinking to myself, huh? That mean 16 people a year.

Around 100 people a year are killed by lightening. So you have more of a chance (800% more) to be killed by lightening than by a CCW permit holder?

What blew me away was that they were promoting it as if this was a HUGE number. That CCW holders are violent, and kill people left and right. I think more people are killed by rabid squirrels.

[*]
AZ rabies cases broke records in 2009 | [url]www.azstarnet.com ®[/url]
In 2009, 47 people in Arizona were exposed to confirmed rabid animals. ... A Marana police officer killed the javelina. The victim was transported to Oro ...
www.azstarnet.com/sn/85743/323613 - www.azstarnet.com/sn/85743/323613+people+killed+by+rabid+animals+stats&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us]Cached[/url]
Seems you're spot on, I just did a google searched and this popped up LOL. The link isn't good anymore but it proves your point.

Clyde

Gunslinger

imported post

Whether or not obooba signs the un crap, it will die in the Senate. We had 58 pro-gun votes this past year. With Brown, it's now 59. In an election year, except for the lunatic fringe like that pos schumer, the kalifornia assholes, the jersey pos, etc, no one running for reelection in any kind of close race would touch it with a 10 foot pole. Reid knows better.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Gunslinger wrote:
Whether or not obooba signs the un crap, it will die in the Senate. We had 58 pro-gun votes this past year. With Brown, it's now 59. In an election year, except for the lunatic fringe like that pos schumer, the kalifornia @#$%s, the jersey pos, etc, no one running for reelection in any kind of close race would touch it with a 10 foot pole. Reid knows better.

Reid will be history in the coming election. Prob'lylosing to a Republican. The Senate cannot (by their oath) abrogate the Constitution or any part thereof to an international body by treaty or any such contrivance affecting the United States or it's territories and possessions. It is the duty of the Senate to ratify foreign treaties... no matter what anyone (including the PotUS)'signs' to the contrary. To relinquish national sovereignty toa foreign entityis Treason.

Then... there's that little matter of State Constitutions such as exist in Arizona and elsewhere under 10A.The UN can go pound sand.