• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to Colorado, Thinking of Running

Gunslinger

imported post

Pace wrote:
Mind you, I'm a friend of Brown, and I love what happened in MA, but are you going to show that he is an example of the republican party? He himself said he was running as an Independent, but had to choose a majority ticket. Several well-known "republican" commentators have come out against him!

Brown ran on the republican ticket, but he himself said, "I'm an independent."

The national debate has left most people having to choose the better of two evils, and ignoring the real issues. Health care is going to cost maybe .001% of the national budget, but we are all talking about it instead of the real issues such as where most of the money really goes. It's not going into health care, its not going into all those other stupid things people talk about, but going into more and more creating a huge bureaucracy with three letter names like the FTC, FEC and the ATF (ok, BATFE).

I've not heard many republicans or democrats talking about getting rid of these institutions ever. Both Bush and Clinton grew the ATF into a monster.

Amen to the conservative strict constitutional interpretation of our Rights. I've been writing about this for years in my business articles, just started blogging:
http://www.libertypace.com/journal/2010/1/17/gun-rights-are-civil-rights-pt1.html

Pace
Brown ran in the PDR of Taxachusetts. He had to campaign as an independently thinking Republican, and that's what he did, reaping 65% of the independent vote in so doing. I'm not saying all Republicans are great. Just that they are, as a whole, far better than the democrap they run against. And they vote with the party to align congress--a major point. 3rd party candidates are losers at anything above the local level, as noted above. They take votes from someone who is acceptable, if not perfect, when they run on libertarian or crypo-conservative tickets. If you want to run as a conservative, great. But it needs to be done in the context of having a chance to win, viz., the Republican ticket.

Pace

imported post

I should have made that more clear, I am moving to Colorado, then thinking of running. One of the main reasons to run is the overturn the Denver statues against OC.

Pace wrote:
Thinking of moving to colorado, running as a Libertarian, do I have a chance in hell?
Sure, a snow ball's chance in hell.

You are not even sure if you are going to move. What type of commitment is that? NONE. :banghead:

You think of "running', FOR WHAT?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Pace wrote:
This means that as a citizen, we have freedoms and rights guaranteed by the constitution from birth. They are not privileges -- they are rights, that we should be guaranteed. To deny these rights for almost any reason is ridiculous.

For example, it should be assumed that every Citizen of the United States has a Right to own a firearm and keep it on his or her person. That for the government to deny that right ever, there must be a circumstance that is so severe that it would be dangerous for that person to have a gun (ie, serious criminals, mental patients in a hospital). This applies to all Rights under the constitution.

Is this theWhat is "100%...individual freedom?" part?

Isn't that what we (and Colorado) have already?

How would your 100% individiual freedom be different? Would you include in "every Citizen" 17-year-olds? How about mentalpatients notin a hospital?

Will your position be toallow all Citizens to carry a gun in schools? Courts?

Pace

imported post

I'm not sure what you are asking? The freedom guaranteed by the Constitution are freedoms of the individual, meaning individual citizens. It means that they apply to people individually. For example, some people argue the 2A is not an individual freedom but only implies militias. That is obvious BS, because framers created the Bill of Rights specifically to apply to people.

As for the mental patient question, do YOU think that people should be arbitrarily denied their civil rights because someone else says they have issues? If someone doctor tomorrow says that you aren't stable, the government should suddenly be able to deny you rights without due process? There is a simple part of our justice system called DUE PROCESS, which means that you can not deny someone a right based on assumption, or the word of someone else.

Am I talking about someone who has been in and out of mental hospitals, has had civil confinement because of these same issues, obviously not. However, right now we have soldiers coming back from Iraq who are being denied permits because of claims of PTSD. They are good enough to carry a M16, fight for this country, but when the come back, they are not allowed to defend their family?

cscitney87

imported post

Pace wrote:
As for the mental patient question, do YOU think that people should be arbitrarily denied their civil rights because someone else says they have issues? If someone doctor tomorrow says that you aren't stable, the government should suddenly be able to deny you rights without due process? There is a simple part of our justice system called DUE PROCESS, which means that you can not deny someone a right based on assumption, or the word of someone else.
I think about this issue All of the time. If you want to lock someone up against their will in a mental institution- you are entitled to Due process. You even get a doctor to testify in your favor. And the prosecution gets their doctor too, right?

In the case of carrying a weapon- there's literally no due process- is there? A simple domestic argument is enough seeing as the state prosecutes immediatly upon suspecting criminal activity in this manner. Say you and your wife get into an argument. The neighbor hears screaming and calls the police. They show up and you're wife's still pissed..... Dun dun dnunnn

FogRider

imported post

Pace wrote:
If you've seen a republican or a democrat govern the same way as another, you get $100 bucks from me.
I see it all the damn time. Pick a few topics that your constituents will focus on, make sure it looks like you're doing something about those topics (it doesn't really matter if you do anything, the appearance of action is enough), then you will not only be free to do whatever the hell you want everywhere else. The only difference is the topics, or what side you take.

desettle

imported post

Hey there Pace,
I think that if you can overturn the Denver ban on open carry and get things straightened out, you should go for it. But I can only imagine it is an up hill battle as Denver seems to be as much anit-gun as Bolder, but only Denver was able to get the ruling they wanted by using Home Ruling.

-desettle

MatieA

imported post

I don't know how people in Colorado vote, but I wouldn't vote for someone that moved into town and then ran for office. I am even opposing our city council talking about hiring a city policeman from out of state; I don't want law enforcment, or politicians that don't/haven't lived here.

Pace

imported post

I think what is happening in California and some other places, with federal lawsuits will make the Denver ban unconstitutional.

Gunslinger

imported post

digitalgiga wrote:
democraps and obooba? gunslinger are you 5 years old?
Wow. A 4 post troll doesn't like my criticism of President Hussein and the party of cowards and commies. Put another 3 or 4 hundred posts up and then maybe someone will GAS about your opinion. Or did you stumble on the site while looking for the rosie o'donnel lovers blog?

EDITED BY ADMIN TO REMOVE ANTI-GAY SLUR. THIS FORUM WILL NOT TOLERATE SUCH COMMENTS.

Gunslinger

imported post

since9 wrote:
Pace wrote:
I think what is happening in California and some other places, with federal lawsuits will make the Denver ban unconstitutional.
I certainly hope so!
As it only deals with OC in county limits, I'm not so sure. But we can change it once we take the governorship and state houses back.

PT111

imported post

So you are thinking of moving to CO. so you can run for office there. Around these parts that is what we called a Carpetbagger. Up north I suppose you either call them a Hillary or a Kennedy.

FogRider

imported post

Gunslinger wrote:
digitalgiga wrote:
democraps and obooba? gunslinger are you 5 years old?
Wow. A 4 post troll doesn't like my criticism of President Hussein and the party of cowards and commies. Put another 3 or 4 hundred posts up and then maybe someone will GAS about your opinion. Or did you stumble on the site while looking for the rosie o'donnel lovers blog?
I'll donate a few hundred posts to him.

digitalgiga

imported post

Gunslinger, i wouldnt be boasting about my post count if every one of your posts is as ignorant and infantile as the ones before. I'd love to actually read a post that has any meaning other than the nonsensethat spews from your mouth. No matter what your stance on politics (i'm neither democrat or republican) making upstupid names and generalizations isnt really going to help solve any problem. ...Oh sorry, that actuallyonly works with mature adults, sucks that it doesnt apply to you. :(

btw thanks fogrider for trying to up my post count and give me some more credibility since im new on the site.

Pace

imported post

I'm moving to Colorado so I can support my three children + one child on the way within the next week.

Gunslinger

imported post

digitalgiga wrote:
Gunslinger, i wouldnt be boasting about my post count if every one of your posts is as ignorant and infantile as the ones before. I'd love to actually read a post that has any meaning other than the nonsensethat spews from your mouth. No matter what your stance on politics (i'm neither democrat or republican) making upstupid names and generalizations isnt really going to help solve any problem. ...Oh sorry, that actuallyonly works with mature adults, sucks that it doesnt apply to you. :(

btw thanks fogrider for trying to up my post count and give me some more credibility since im new on the site.
I'd write my posts to your level, but I'd run out of single syllable words too quickly. You're neither a democrat nor a Republican. So you stand for nothing, evidently. Except taking offense when our Marxist president and his party of dwarfs are "insulted." As I don't offer comments to please trolls, your opinion is meaningless to me. If you want to defend Obama and his bootlickers, I suggest you're on the wrong forum. Now you can ready for your job at the carwash.

desettle

imported post

Pace wrote:
I'm moving to Colorado so I can support my three children + one child on the way within the next week.
Well, welcome to Colroado, Pace. I think you and your family will really enjoy it here. We moved here about 17 years ago from Dallas, Texas and we reallylove it here. I am looking forward to meeting you at one of our OC meetings sometime.