• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oh, the horrors of lower education!

6L6GC

imported post

sorry, but your boo-hoo, oh the poor teacher stuff is bunk. It's teachers who call the cops on little kids for drawing a picture of a gun. Its teachers that drag a student to the priciple's office to be expelled for drawing a gun or even mentioning the word.

it teachers that try to get a girl expelled for taking a Midol tablet for her cramps. it's teachers that brain wash kids (yound and old) that guns are bad and encourage children to turn in their parents for gun possession.

Its teachers and teacher's unions that gladly traumatize young children in order to get an ego trip and get off on their petty little power play behaviour. Hope your wife can hang on long enough to get her retirement , but, public school teachers are GENERALLY low life types from what I've seen . I have very little respect for them.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Schools are actively training kids to tellauthoratative figuresif their parents own guns orif they usedrugs.
be it court mandated or not, it still is not right!

Anyonehear the story about the police raiding a familieshome and looking for drugs due to a teacher alerting them to drug use in the home?

Allegedly here is what happened;
The teacher was asking these kids in her class if their parents used drugs. A young girl said "My parents use drugs, and so do I, mommy gives them tome a few times a week".
The police questioned the girl, from thatthey were able to get a warrant for a home search, the child was taken into custody by thecounty, and whenthis was all happening, one of the counselors finally figured out what this little girl was referring to was her mom frying eggs in a cast-iron pan for breakfast!

Remember the "This is your brain on drugs" commercial? That is what made the kid think a fried egg is drugs. and the teacher acted on this without any other questions.

Sig229

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Schools are actively training kids to tellauthoratative figuresif their parents own guns orif they usedrugs.
be it court mandated or not, it still is not right!

Anyonehear the story about the police raiding a familieshome and looking for drugs due to a teacher alerting them to drug use in the home?

Allegedly here is what happened;
The teacher was asking these kids in her class if their parents used drugs. A young girl said "My parents use drugs, and so do I, mommy gives them tome a few times a week".
The police questioned the girl, from thatthey were able to get a warrant for a home search, the child was taken into custody by thecounty, and whenthis was all happening, one of the counselors finally figured out what this little girl was referring to was her mom frying eggs in a cast-iron pan for breakfast!

Remember the "This is your brain on drugs" commercial? That is what made the kid think a fried egg is drugs. and the teacher acted on this without any other questions.

The whole "war on drugs" is another debacle thats ruining this country. And may I also add another tool for taking guns away from law abiding citizens.

Look at all the gun bans that have been put in place since Nixon instituted the what on drugs campaign.

Not to mention all of the civilian lives AND Police officer lives lost because of it.
By the way, drug usage has INCREASED 40% since as well.

PT111

imported post

Drugs in the home. A second grade teacher tells the children to sit down in their seats and one little boy begs to keep standing up. After some questions she finds that his behind is too sore for him to sit. She takes him down to the nurses office where they find he has been spanked until he has actual open wounds. They call DSS who goes to the home and finds the mother absolutely stoned. After investigation she was not only charged with several drug charges including distribution and providing drugs to minors but with child abuse.

Yup, teachers should stay out of the private lives of the students and let the parents beat their children half to death. Or in one other case my wife was involved with the children had to sleep under the porch when their mother's boyfriend came over because he didn't like kids and would beat them if they went inside. Just low life theacher that interfer with parents who refuse to give their children any food other than what they get at school. Definitely should stay out of the decision to starve their children just because they decide that their cocaine is more important than food for their kids. These are just a few of the cases that my wife has had to put up with.

Sig229

imported post

PT111 wrote:
Drugs in the home. A second grade teacher tells the children to sit down in their seats and one little boy begs to keep standing up. After some questions she finds that his behind is too sore for him to sit. She takes him down to the nurses office where they find he has been spanked until he has actual open wounds. They call DSS who goes to the home and finds the mother absolutely stoned. After investigation she was not only charged with several drug charges including distribution and providing drugs to minors but with child abuse.

Yup, teachers should stay out of the private lives of the students and let the parents beat their children half to death. Or in one other case my wife was involved with the children had to sleep under the porch when their mother's boyfriend came over because he didn't like kids and would beat them if they went inside. Just low life theacher that interfer with parents who refuse to give their children any food other than what they get at school. Definitely should stay out of the decision to starve their children just because they decide that their cocaine is more important than food for their kids. These are just a few of the cases that my wife has had to put up with.

The problem with your analogy is, the teacher in the other poster's story asked if "any students parents do drugs". There were no signs of abuse on the children. To a child, a Flintstones vitamin may be considered "drugs" and the DEA jack booterd thugs kick in the parents door over it.

And not to get too personal on this board, but I too was physically abused by a parent and he did NOT use drugs and NEVER drank alcohol.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Sig229 wrote:
PT111 wrote:

The problem with your analogy is, the teacher in the other poster's story asked if "any students parents do drugs". There were no signs of abuse on the children. To a child, a Flintstones vitamin may be considered "drugs" and the DEA jack booterd thugs kick in the parents door over it.

And not to get too personal on this board, but I too was physically abused by a parent and he did NOT use drugs and NEVER drank alcohol.
That is a different story than staying out of private lives that is looking after the "general welfare" of someone obviously in pain. If my neighbors kid did the same thing I would investigate also.

No one is saying that all teachers are bad. But it has become another government entity with little public control, but a lot of union control and a tool for propaganda and indoctrination.

PT111

imported post

My mother taught school, my wife teaches and two of my daughters. I had four aunts that taught school. I personally know well over 400 teachers including many that teach in colleges or private schools. Out of all of those that I know less than a dozen are members of the NEA. At one time the NEA had great power in this part of the world but when compared to the cost and benefits very few saw any need for NEA membership and dropped out. In SC the NEA carries very little power. Most teachers here join the SCTEA which provides the same liability insurance and actually better legal representation with out being classified as a union or spending the majority of their money on lobbying.

A question for all of you. What do you do if one of your second grade students tells you that her father is in a gang and proceeds to demonstrate some of the gang signs and tell you all about what they have done? There have been at least four drive-by gang shootings in this are already thisyear.

PT111

imported post

Story About Under age drinking and one statement that surprised them for some unknown reason that I could have told them long ago.

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/local/pee_dee/article/program_sets_record_straight_on_underage_drinking/98284/

Program sets record straight on underage drinking

0118_1A_WEB_Alcohol_Education_Program.jpg

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION/JOHN D. RUSSELL

By Jamie Rogers | Morning News Reporter
Published: January 17, 2010
» 0 Comments | Post a Comment
florence_morning:http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/local/pee_dee/article/program_sets_record_straight_on_underage_drinking/98284/
vote
nowBuzz up!

There’s good news and there’s bad news when it comes to underage drinking in Pee Dee.

The good news is that incidents of underage drinking seem to be on the decline.

The bad news is that those who do drink are drinking more than ever, according to Circle Park Prevention Services data.

“We’ve have some serious situations in Florence with 16- and 17-year -old kids just about drinking themselves to death,” said Clive Nance, coordinator for Circle Park. “... those who continue to drink are drinking way more than they ever have before — way more.”

The situation is critical, Nance said, and alcohol is the drug most abused by youth who say they turn to binge drinking as a means for fun, adventure or even peer acceptance.

But Circle Park, along with law enforcement officers in the 12th Judicial Circuit which covers Florence and Marion counties, are out in full force combatting the problem by raiding parties with underage drinkers, citing young offenders and the adults who aid them.

First-time underage drinkers who are caught have a means of expunging their criminal records while learning to make sound decisions in life.

That way is the Alcohol Education Program, a 13-hour course offered in Florence County and other counties in South Carolina.

The class is divided into four, two and one half-hour sessions and one three-hour session called Reality Check which includes offenders hearing talks given by law enforcement officers and members of Mothers Against Drunk Driving.

“That program works with youth in getting them to identify their behaviors as to whether they are low-risk, medium-risk or high-risk,” Nance said.

“They look at the choices they make and make sure all of the choices they make are at least low risk.

“It not only addresses alcohol but it addresses all the the choices they make across the board, whether its sexual activity or getting into fights, whatever it may be. We want to try to get them to slow down and think about the choices they make.”

Underage drinking begins in the eighth grade for many offenders in the Pee Dee, Nance said.

“For the first time ever, girls are outdrinking boys,” he said.

Liquor, especially vodka, is the drink of choice for most underage drinkers because it’s clear and can be easily disguised as water, Nance said. Underage girls seem to prefer vodka with orange or lemon flavorings.

“Vodka is a little harder to detect. It doesn’t have as strong of a smell as beer,” Nance said. “And it’s found more readily and easier in their home or the home of friends.”

Less than 20 percent of the alcohol that is consumed by underage drinkers is purchased from a store because children get it at home, according to Circle Park data.

People who were raised in the 1950s, ’60s or ’70s who are now parents seem to be having trouble understanding how widespread underage drinking is and how much it has changed since they were younger, Nance said.

The “typical” underage drinker is a girl who drinks eight times a month and has about six drinks in one sitting, which is considered binge drinking, he said.

The program teaches that when an alcohol level is at .12 or .14, one’s ability to make sound decisions decreases.

“You’re not really able to control the choices you make,” Nance said. “From my perspective, that is really when girls begin putting themselves in a situation to be taken advantage of. What you begin to see is instances of date rape and sexual-type things take place.”

Some find it shocking that most underage drinkers are middle to upper class, attend private schools and are good students, Circle Park officials said. The reasons for drinking vary, but many students who have gone through the class say they began drinking because of pressure from parents to maintain good grades and participate in many after-school activities.

Children become stress-ed and depressed and turn to drinking as a means to cope, Nance said. Others who have completed the program say they drink out of boredom.

Whatever the reasons given, the Alcohol Education Program looks to help violators keep from making the same mistake twice, Nance said.

The education program began about 15 months ago. Thus far, 150 violators have completed the program, which costs each of them than $700 to complete successfully

Sig229

imported post

PT111 wrote:
A question for all of you. What do you do if one of your second grade students tells you that her father is in a gang and proceeds to demonstrate some of the gang signs and tell you all about what they have done? There have been at least four drive-by gang shootings in this are already thisyear.

As sad as it is, being in a gang is not against the law (at least where I live)

See, this is a slippery slope.

One day in this nation "gun owners" and "Gun enthusiast" may be considered a "gang" or even " potential militia terrorists" (look at the UK)

Im not saying I have a solution, but unless there is a clear sign if physical and/or emotional abuse, I say the teachers need to stay out of it.

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sig229 wrote:
As sad as it is, being in a gang is not against the law (at least where I live)

See, this is a slippery slope.

One day in this nation "gun owners" and "Gun enthusiast" may be considered a "gang" or even " potential militia terrorists" (look at the UK)

Im not saying I have a solution, but unless there is a clear sign if physical and/or emotional abuse, I say the teachers need to stay out of it.

Something about the right to "peacably assemble..."

I agree with you about the teachers. Sadly, all too many teachers are ignorant of the law.