• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Checking a firearm at Baltimore Airport

Mike Hawk

imported post

Hello from California everyone. Must admit this is my first foray into the MD section of OCDO, but holy moly! From what I'm reading so far, it seems you guys have it pretty rough out there. I'm possibly heading out there on business in the near future, and was wondering if it would be feasable to take a pistol with me, but this is making me rethink it a bit. Is it even legal to carry unloaded in a locked case there?

swinokur

Activist Member
imported post

Mike Hunt wrote:
Hello from California everyone. Must admit this is my first foray into the MD section of OCDO, but holy moly! From what I'm reading so far, it seems you guys have it pretty rough out there. I'm possibly heading out there on business in the near future, and was wondering if it would be feasable to take a pistol with me, but this is making me rethink it a bit. Is it even legal to carry unloaded in a locked case there?

Only under certain narrow conditions. Google MD statute 4-203 to see the particulars.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

It is even less doable to not get beat up by police if you don't! :what:
From the video evidence there are going to be a lot of disgruntled
leo running around needing an income stream.

Mike Hawk

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
It is even less doable to not get beat up by police if you don't! :what:
From the video evidence there are going to be a lot of disgruntled
leo running around needing an income stream.
Yeah I saw that vid. Pretty F'd up. :cuss: