• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry in flint...

kyleplusitunes

imported post

has been absolutely awesome. I have been carrying my glock 27 with a
galco classic lite shoulder holster every day for two weeks in and around the city.

some conversations I've had.

12 st market, 12 st and saginaw rd

"man yo ready to get down ain't you white boy!!" high fives and hell yeahs.

mega coney island Corunna rd

"you a cop?"

me "nope man, just carrying"

"damn dude that's wassup!"

speedway in Lennon

"you know that's really intimidating don't you?"
me "I don't think so, I'm just being an American"
"that's probay cause you're always around it"

big and tall casual male xl miller rd

"are you a police officer?"
me "nope just carrying"
"you're not a police officer and you're carrying a gun out in the open like that?"
me "absolutely, it's not against the law"
"yes it is"
me "I have no intention of losing my right to carry a gun, I don't think I'd be doing it if it was illegal"
"oh good point, that's awesome, lots of crazys out there!"

speedway on Corunna and linden, walking by a MSP while he is fueling his car, he does a double take and says "what the he are you carrying!????!!"
me "this is a glock 40 cal sir"
"Jesus"
I start to walk away, he says "you do have a ccw of course?"
me "well, it's not required by law to carry it in the open, but yes I do for getting in and out of my truck"
"oh I know"
me " have a good day sir!"
"you too, be safe!"

I used to be pretty nervous about ocing, but man it's been such a good experience so far.

haha, I do notice people smile at you a lot more, hold doors for you, and call you sir while you are armed.

lol

lil_freak_66

imported post

ive had bad experiences with flint,not exactly firearm related(unless you include hearing random shots a block over)

but i feel alot of the people you mentioned(the ones that sound ghetto) could and possibly wouldact very differently if they caught you alone and unarmed.

good to hear on the positive experiences! msp seems to be pretty good when itcomes to firearm related stop.

maybe this summer when im in durandi can drive the 15 milesto flint and wecan go and oc around a bit.

WARCHILD

imported post

Not as much as you would think. I was working on the east side in the summer of '07, and was in plain view of the cops and bangers all day long. NO issues at all and was never approached except by 3 curious "how can you do that" questions. Besides, as I tell my son (who lives on the east side) I will never go to Flint un-armed!!

lil_freak_66

imported post

after my past experiences i refuse to go there without at least a knife,a firearm will soon replace that.

and you wont catch me doing anything more than going to sonics,harbor freight or the GV mall,that area basically.

as to the sir thing....

its true,an armed society is a polite society!