• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trijicon is an awesome company...

Hendo

imported post

Okay Deros - now we are talking turkey. I respect your choices around religion and business - it's a free country - do what works for you. We disagree on our religious choices - it's a free country.

However we agree on fighting close minded, arrogant, constitution bashing politicians (whatever their religious orientation) who infringe on our 2A rights.

What's that? My extra magazine? Oh - those are my silver bullets - for werewolves. You believe in those don't you?:lol:

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

There is a reason I don't go to church anymore.... all that control, I just hated it. All those people that went to church and then went home and sinned, double standards.

I do have a close family friend that knew me from when I was a tiny little rodent, and watched me grow up, and even thought I wasn't going to make it once. He's a christian missionary, but he doesn't force religion into others. Sometimes when he writes christmas cards and stuff, talking about there is a god in me, and that I am a good person and all, I actually start to believe in it. The "divine plan". It's the way you present it, if you want people to respect your bible, then respect their choice to not read it. Show respect, get respect. We probably won't respect so much that we will read it, but we won't trash on it in front of you ;). And when I say "we" I don't mean everybody, I mean normal, sane, reasonable humans.

What I am trying to say is, if you want to believe in the bible, ok, don't come at me with it, if I want to hate religion, I won't spit it at your face.

Can't we all just load our guns and get along?

monkey-hugging-dog.jpg

DEROS72

imported post

We should all have the extra mags with silver bullets ......ya never know.One thing OI know we are all about is the Constitution of the United States .I mentioned in another thread I saw on this mornings new where the police and military in Haite are forcibly disarming the populace. Practice perhaps? But we all, and I mean all that call ourselves Americans best stop nit picking and get our sierra hotel india tango together before even our rights to argue about this stuff dissapears.I want to go to Olympia and get our 2 cents in on this ban.That could be one place to start.I have seen some very good letters and responses posted.Also excellent.I am hoping the defeat of the dems in Mass. is a wake up for even local politicians that want to get in our face and dictate to us what our rights should be per their agenda.The Constitution outlind rights that we already have, not rights they can bestow or take away.

Soemthing else I mentioned before .A clip was shown yesterday on Glen Beck I believe,a reporter asked Rahm Emanuel what he thought of the first ammendment.He said...."I think it's over rated"

gunnut003

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
It's an "easter egg" that causes political tension due to the inevitable religious comparison with the Crusades.
Well, then the military leadership is pretty STUPID, DUMB, and NON-OBSERVANT to not notice that..Considering the scopes have been like that since before they signed the first contract for them. :?

Tawnos

imported post

gunnut003 wrote:
Tawnos wrote:
It's an "easter egg" that causes political tension due to the inevitable religious comparison with the Crusades.
Well, then the military leadership is pretty STUPID, DUMB, and NON-OBSERVANT to not notice that..Considering the scopes have been like that since before they signed the first contract for them. :?
Basically. They're giving enemy recruiters a very easy means to say "SEE, SEE, they're christian attackers trying to steal our land. Join us and stop this crusade!"

It was a series of dumb and fail all around.

kito109654

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Right now we have potential gun bans we need to fight and that will take all of us.
No need to be too zealous. So far I've seen dozens, yes dozens of responses back from reps saying that they do not support the bill and many of them say it will not even go to a vote because there is only a week left and it hasn't jumped through preliminary hoops. :) Lucky for us, there was no battle this time around, but it was good that we let our reps know that we won't stand for this, now or ever.

Squeak

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
All I can say is God gave us free will.Do with as you wish.Right now we have potential gun bans we need to fight and that will take all of us.
Right on! Sounds like a number of people on this forum delight in 'my opinion is better than yours' attitude. I seriously think that many have never been in a situation where you have to choose between what is 'right' and what is 'convenient.' Look at it like this; are you willing to give up one right in exchange for another? Not me. Don't be complacent. Every right is important. The powers to be want us to negotiate our gun rights. I'm not trading one for another. That's all I have to say about that.

Tawnos

imported post

Agnostic Atheist. One deals with thought/proof, the other with belief. I don't think I can absolutely prove the nonexistence of all gods, but I don't believe in the existence of any. I can, however, state where logical contradictions exist for specific presented ideas of god(s). I think of god much like Russel's Teapot: the only way one could exist is if you define it in such a way that its existence is inconsequential, and thus no different than non-existence.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
Agnostic Atheist. One deals with thought/proof, the other with belief. I don't think I can absolutely prove the nonexistence of all gods, but I don't believe in the existence of any. I can, however, state where logical contradictions exist for specific presented ideas of god(s). I think of god much like Russel's Teapot: the only way one could exist is if you define it in such a way that its existence is inconsequential, and thus no different than non-existence.
I wish I can remember where I read the theory that said the same thing pretty much about us.

My favorite theory is that we are here because it is simply easier than nothing existing at all.

DEROS72

imported post

A Rusian teapot? Perhaps thats why they have all failed so miserably. All of the most evil of regimes inthrouhout history thought that as they controlled and killed millions andwhile telling them God does not exist.We here should not hold to that .Lest we fail as well.

Also if we follow certain logic me talking positively about God on a Government pension(Tax payer) writing about God on a computer pretty much provded by goverment funds ,in an Apt. subsidized by goverment funds.Medical provided by the VA (tax payer supported ) ,here I am with all this goverment stuff talking of Cristian principles and my belief in God ..All over the internet....Thanks people and Tawnos.

killchain

imported post

Well, I think we've figured out the mathematical anomaly during the Big Bang, finally... must have been an ACOG. -_-

Oh wait wait wait, I got some more zingers for ya... I feel like I'm encroaching on the insurgents though, talking about the Advanced Christ Optic Gunsight. I was converted, you know... when I was issued one. Yeah, that's it. Glad the insidious government plan to turn me into a Crusader worked. -_-

Tawnos

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
A Rusian teapot? Perhaps thats why they have all failed so miserably. All of the most evil of regimes inthrouhout history thought that as they controlled and killed millions andwhile telling them God does not exist.We here should not hold to that .Lest we fail as well.

Also if we follow certain logic me talking positively about God on a Government pension(Tax payer) writing about God on a computer pretty much provded by goverment funds ,in an Apt. subsidized by goverment funds.Medical provided by the VA (tax payer supported ) ,here I am with all this goverment stuff talking of Cristian principles and my belief in God ..All over the internet....Thanks people and Tawnos.
Bertrand Russell's teapot, a good argument against the christian claims of god.

f I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.

Again, you are an individual, permitted to act in a manner appropriate to you. There's a difference between you talking on the internet about your belief in a celestial zombie who is his own father, and the government purchasing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot#cite_note-1with taxpayer money items used in assistance with killing people who are uniformly of another religion. Additionally, they use that religion and previous incidences where christians have sought to kill them or drive them out as a method for recruitment for more people to continue fighting.

Really, I have no problem if you believe in something I think is illogical, so long as that does not have negative repercussions on me, my country, or the freedom of others within it. In this case, I can see that happening. Trijicon was commissioned to produce something for the government, and as such, must meet those standards.

uncoolperson

imported post

Ban trident submarines!

I'm sure someone is offended by apache helicopters, better ban those too!

The only ones that possibly have some grounds for being offended are those that hold the bible sacred, verses from a sacred text on a tool of death... to everyone else, those numbers and letters are well. numbers and freakin letters, if they don't mean anything to you, how can you justify being offended by the meaning?

I'm pretty sure doing a quick search on this forum about having no right to not be offended would bring up almost 5% of the threads. This is one of the things as open-carriers or general gun people believe and preach.

So, an inanimate object isn't responsible for the actions done with it (should recognize that phrase too). But an idea/opinion/truth, or even book (sorry, I can't simply call what I hold as truth an opinion, to me that brings my "truth" to the level of simple belief. So I honestly apologize for the insult to anyone contained there... ) is responsible for the actions of people?

I offer than the belief that personal ownership and use of firearms is one of the leading causes of death in this country.
That truth is obviously incorrect, look it's directly responsible for all these deaths!

killchain

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:

Bertrand Russell's teapot, a good argument against the christian claims of god.

f I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.

Again, you are an individual, permitted to act in a manner appropriate to you. There's a difference between you talking on the internet about your belief in a celestial zombie who is his own father, and the government purchasing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot#cite_note-1with taxpayer money items used in assistance with killing people who are uniformly of another religion. Additionally, they use that religion and previous incidences where christians have sought to kill them or drive them out as a method for recruitment for more people to continue fighting.

Really, I have no problem if you believe in something I think is illogical, so long as that does not have negative repercussions on me, my country, or the freedom of others within it. In this case, I can see that happening. Trijicon was commissioned to produce something for the government, and as such, must meet those standards.
So who's going to prove that the teapot doesn't exist? See, that's the side of the argument that people don't talk about.

Two people are asked to guess what's in a room. They can't look in. Who's wrong?

You can't disprove God as much as you can prove it. I'm getting off my soapbox, and taking your ACOG. I'll put it on my Ruger 10/22 so I can go preach to tin cans. -_-

Tawnos

imported post

killchain wrote:
So who's going to prove that the teapot doesn't exist? See, that's the side of the argument that people don't talk about.

Two people are asked to guess what's in a room. They can't look in. Who's wrong?

You can't disprove God as much as you can prove it. I'm getting off my soapbox, and taking your ACOG. I'll put it on my Ruger 10/22 so I can go preach to tin cans. -_-
I can disprove only specific definitions of "god" when the very definition is contradictory, e.g. one that is omniscient yet grants free will. However, if you continue to refine down the definition in a "god of the gaps" manner, to the point you end up with something which is unprovable and indisputable, and yeah, eventually you get to something akin to the teapot. It can't be disproved, but it has no effect on your life. Claiming it exists and is important is akin to saying that you must live by the rules of the teapot lest ye be damned.