• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Culpeper (Monthly?) OC Dinner and Meet n' Greet 1/28 7PM

livitup

imported post

Hi All,

I have been in PM contact with Regular Joe who organized the first OC Dinner in Culpeper back in December. I was really bummed that I was out of the country on a business trip when that dinner happened. We've talked about how to proceed with the Culpeper area dinners and we agreed to try out the 'regular weeknight' format that works REALLY well for the Richmond group (and many others).

So I've made an executive decision (really I had a monkey throw a dart at a calendar) and I've come up with the 4th Thursday of each month. I realize this will make it all but impossible for the "out of towners" from NOVA and Richmond to join us, but in exchange we have a better chance of meeting our neighbors because we're not trying to schedule adinner on a weekend evening when there's conflicts with soccer, football, t-ball, swim team, etc., etc., etc.

We'll set home base for these dinners as Culpeper, but we'll rotate around a bit depending on where the participants come from. I'm figuring the dinner can travel as far North as Warrenton and South to Orange/Madison/etc. East and West, well there aren't many cities, though maybe to Lake of the Woods/Locust Grove if there's demand. I'm modeling this after Richmond again, who move from the "North Side" to the "West Side" to the "South Side" to the "East Side" in a regular rotation so the driving distances are fair for everyone.

So, without further fanfare, here's the detail for the first, of what I hope will become many, monthly Culpeper-area dinners.

Date: January 28

Time: 7:00 PM

Address:
transparent.png
‎ 910 South Main Street
Culpeper, VA 22701-3421

Map: Google

Please RSVP in this thread (not binding, no deposit required) so we can get a basic headcount.

Hope to see lots of you there!

livitup

imported post

Headcount for the First Monthly Culpeper OCDO Dinner:

Code:
Name:                       Confirmed                Possible

livitup                         4
Regular_Joe                     3                        1

Regular_Joe

imported post

AWESOME!! Count us in! Thanks, Livitup, for planning this.

My wife and myself, and our step son, will be there OCing. I may bring my 12-yr-old as well.

Pancho's is easy to find and has plenty of parking - I haven't OC'd there yet so this will be an adventure.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Congrats!! Looks like you all are off and running.

Why not call it the Greater Culpeper OC Dinner.

Yata hey

livitup

imported post

If you've been to Culpeper you'd know that calling it the Greater Culpeper Area would only ensure that a handful of cows get added to the RSVP list. :lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

livitup wrote:
If you've been to Culpeper you'd know that calling it the Greater Culpeper Area would only ensure that a handful of cows get added to the RSVP list. :lol:
Ain't goin' there - ain't touchin' that one - no way, no how. :uhoh: :D

One thing's for sure, you won't get the award for most distance traveled this time. :)

Yata hey

Regular_Joe

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
livitup wrote:

One thing's for sure, you won't get the award for most distance traveled this time. :)

Yata hey
Grapeshot - are you planning on being a contender for our "most distance traveled" award?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
livitup wrote:

Yata hey
Grapeshot - are you planning on being a contender for our "most distance traveled" award?
Really would like to - you have a great group up there. Have too much going on this week though.

If snow for the week-end - Richmond will be paralyzed if we get over 2" :lol:

Yata hey

Regular_Joe

imported post

Livitup - thanks for coordinating this - we really enjoyed getting to know you guys (you do have the two cutest little ones!).

Looking forward to our next event in February!

livitup

imported post

No problem, Joe. We had a lot of fun meeting you guys as well.

Area locals, watch this space for news of a February dinner! We promise not to bite... well anything but the food!:D

Regular_Joe

imported post

livitup wrote:

Area locals, watch this space for news of a February dinner! We promise not to bite... well anything but the food!:D
February OC dinner at Culpeper Thai was excellent - even though I did forget about it and ended up 30 minutes late!

Livitup - thanks for being gracious enough to hang out late with us!

Watch for news on the next Culpeper OC dinner - to be held in the Warrenton area ("Greater Culpeper OC Dinner...?!? ;))

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
livitup wrote:

February OC dinner at Culpeper Thai was excellent - even though I did forget about it and ended up 30 minutes late!

Watch for news on the next Culpeper OC dinner - to be held in the Warrenton area ("Greater Culpeper OC Dinner...?!? ;))
I will be watching for this one... thanks!

Regular_Joe

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Regular_Joe wrote:
livitup wrote:

I will be watching for this one... thanks!
Red, Hot & Blue, 25 March, 7pm...watch for new thread...