T Vance wrote:They're probably just afraid of getting sued. Lawyers chill all this stuffWell I posted a scope I was selling for an AK-47 on Craigslist last night, just a SCOPE, not an AK-47. Woke up this morning to a email saying "your post has been flagged and removed". Apparently you can't even sell firearm related items on Craigslist.
They are probably afraid it would be used to kill someone...But I'm sure I could buy a chainsaw on there without any problems!
Even if CL is really just an anti outfit, it's theirs to run the way they want. (And you can feel very justified in demanding a refund on your listing fee.)
Why not try a gun sale list, TV?
Partial list of items for sale and services the advertisement of which is not permitted on craigslist:
- Obscene material or child pornography.
- Offer or solicitation of illegal prostitution.
- Weapons and related items, including but not limited to firearms, disguised, undetectable or switchblade knives, martial arts weapons, scopes, silencers, ammunition, ammunition magazines, BB guns, tear gas or stun guns.
- Items issued to United States Armed Forces that have not been disposed of in accordance with Department of Defense demilitarization policies.
- Fireworks, including but not limited to "safe and sane" fireworks or any destructive devices or explosives.
- Controlled substances or illegal drugs, substances and items used to manufacture controlled substances and drug paraphernalia.
- Alcohol or tobacco products.
- Prescription drugs and ....