Thread: The Enforcement Act of 1870

Post imported post

The Enforcement Act of 1870 made it a federal felony for persons to conspire to injure someone in order to prevent him from exercising "any right or privilege granted or secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States.

So didn't a police cheif or sheriff say somethings along the lines of a physical threat to people who open carry firearms?

I thought there was a post about that so I thought I would bring this up and see if has any relation, or what your thooughts are.

Post imported post

Anyone up for making a citizens arrest??????:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebra te:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

brad9point0 wrote:
    Anyone up for making a citizens arrest??????:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebra te:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    Has an on duty, uniformed LEO ever been arrested by citizens?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Getting a jury to convict a LEO is pretty remote, so I doubt any federal prosecutors would take the case.

I believe that we have very little recourse outside of litigation.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

eraseallhope wrote:
    The Enforcement Act of 1870 made it a federal felony for persons to conspire to injure someone in order to prevent him from exercising "any right or privilege granted or secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States.

So didn't a police cheif or sheriff say somethings along the lines of a physical threat to people who open carry firearms?

I thought there was a post about that so I thought I would bring this up and see if has any relation, or what your thooughts are.
    As currently interpreted, the 2A only applies to the Federal Government, so the only way your 2A rights can be violated is if someone in the Federal Government violates them.

Until we get incorporation of the 2A,then legally there is no 2A as far as state or local authorities are concerned.

Therefore, the only way you could bring these charges against an LEO would be if the LEO were FBI, DEA, ICE, or some other Federal entity.

Post imported post

Decoligny wrote:
    eraseallhope wrote:

As currently interpreted, the 2A only applies to the Federal Government, so the only way your 2A rights can be violated is if someone in the Federal Government violates them.

Until we get incorporation of the 2A,then legally there is no 2A as far as state or local authorities are concerned.

Therefore, the only way you could bring these charges against an LEO would be if the LEO were FBI, DEA, ICE, or some other Federal entity.
    There are laws stating how to OC legally, so there are laws about it. Doesn't need to be constitutional, if I'm reading it correctly.

Post imported post

Decoligny wrote:
    eraseallhope wrote:

What about the 4th ammendment? Searching for serial numbers, running IDs, things like that?

I know that rather than the goal, 4th ammendment rights violations are the methodthat some LEOs use to try to infringe on the2nd, butit's still a constitutionally protected right, and it's still a conspiracy to knowingly encourage that the 4th be violated.