• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Enforcement Act of 1870

eraseallhope

imported post

The Enforcement Act of 1870 made it a federal felony for persons to conspire to injure someone in order to prevent him from exercising "any right or privilege granted or secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States.

So didn't a police cheif or sheriff say somethings along the lines of a physical threat to people who open carry firearms?

I thought there was a post about that so I thought I would bring this up and see if has any relation, or what your thooughts are.

brad9point0

imported post

Anyone up for making a citizens arrest??????:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

rosemonter

imported post

brad9point0 wrote:
Anyone up for making a citizens arrest??????:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Has an on duty, uniformed LEO ever been arrested by citizens?

Decoligny

imported post

eraseallhope wrote:
The Enforcement Act of 1870 made it a federal felony for persons to conspire to injure someone in order to prevent him from exercising "any right or privilege granted or secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States.

So didn't a police cheif or sheriff say somethings along the lines of a physical threat to people who open carry firearms?

I thought there was a post about that so I thought I would bring this up and see if has any relation, or what your thooughts are.

As currently interpreted, the 2A only applies to the Federal Government, so the only way your 2A rights can be violated is if someone in the Federal Government violates them.

Until we get incorporation of the 2A,then legally there is no 2A as far as state or local authorities are concerned.

Therefore, the only way you could bring these charges against an LEO would be if the LEO were FBI, DEA, ICE, or some other Federal entity.

NightOwl

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
eraseallhope wrote:

As currently interpreted, the 2A only applies to the Federal Government, so the only way your 2A rights can be violated is if someone in the Federal Government violates them.

Until we get incorporation of the 2A,then legally there is no 2A as far as state or local authorities are concerned.

Therefore, the only way you could bring these charges against an LEO would be if the LEO were FBI, DEA, ICE, or some other Federal entity.
There are laws stating how to OC legally, so there are laws about it. Doesn't need to be constitutional, if I'm reading it correctly.

Nopal

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
eraseallhope wrote:

What about the 4th ammendment? Searching for serial numbers, running IDs, things like that?

I know that rather than the goal, 4th ammendment rights violations are the methodthat some LEOs use to try to infringe on the2nd, butit's still a constitutionally protected right, and it's still a conspiracy to knowingly encourage that the 4th be violated.