• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This may have been posted at some point but its still great!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Banger wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQqs7MT9pN0

This is why Ted Nugent needs to run for President! Nugent '12! If your a conservative you can perhaps argue you don't like his music or perhaps his rockstar lifestyle but at the end of the day the man is a
true American patriot.
Ask Ted if he supports the Second Amendment March planned for April 19th in Washington D.C. After he answer that question, then decide if you want to vote for him.

EM87

imported post

Venator wrote:
Banger wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQqs7MT9pN0

This is why Ted Nugent needs to run for President! Nugent '12! If your a conservative you can perhaps argue you don't like his music or perhaps his rockstar lifestyle but at the end of the day the man is a
true American patriot.
Ask Ted if he supports the Second Amendment March planned for April 19th in Washington D.C.  After he answer that question, then decide if you want to vote for him.

From the FAQ section of http://secondamendmentmarch.com/faqs :

"I've heard rumors that Ted Nugent will be there to speak. Is this true?

We have been in contact with Ted Nugent's Personal Assistant and she quoted us a speaking fee for Mr. Nugent. While Mr. Nugent would be a great asset to the march, we simply cannot afford him. We express our regrets."

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Banger wrote:
true American patriot.
Extremely huge misconception among the so-called, Pro-2A folks.

Banger

imported post

I guess I just look at it differently. I am prolly not as "grassroots" as a lot of you. I think people like Ted who have a voice that people will actually listen to are greats tools and assets to the cause for promoting the 2nd Amendment. I am also a fan of Fox News. Whether we like it or not media and "celebrities" are the people who carry weight in this country anymore. If one of us would have done that same interview, we would have been crucified but to come from the mputh of Ted Nugent many people tote it as brilliant.

Banger

imported post

Well as much as I like him, I do find it disappointing that he wouldn't show up to support something that he claims to be so adamant about.

Venator

imported post

Banger wrote:
or you could just tell me....
When the March was first proposed (February 2009) Ted committed to playing in DC for us. Since then he has asked for $45,000 to appear. A true patriot would have done it for actual expenses like all our other speakers, including Larry Pratt from Gun Owners of America.

I guess I find it distasteful for someone to preach about gun rights and then try to make a ton of money off the idea. All the people involved in the March will be paying money to attend or donating money or bothto stand up for our rights, none will bemaking money off the event.

Go to the site and see what you can do to help. A $50 donation would go a long way in supporting our efforts. http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com

Banger

imported post

Venator wrote:
Banger wrote:
or you could just tell me....
When the March was first proposed (February 2009) Ted committed to playing in DC for us. Since then he has asked for $45,000 to appear. A true patriot would have done it for actual expenses like all our other speakers, including Larry Pratt from Gun Owners of America.

I guess I find it distasteful for someone to preach about gun rights and then try to make a ton of money off the idea. All the people involved in the March will be paying money to attend or donating money or bothto stand up for our rights, none will bemaking money off the event.

Go to the site and see what you can do to help. A $50 donation would go a long way in supporting our efforts. http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com

I will for sure. Despite saying I am not as "grassroots" as some of you I still think this will be an incredible event and will do what I can to promote it and support it. This is something that I wouldn't even mind attending. I already am making plans to be at the one in Lansing in April.

kevron2020

imported post

money talks. If you have the money to spend on him to speak you must be serious. Where as if you don't have the money there is a big chance your not serious enough. I am not saying people on here aren't serious. From what I have read its quite the opposite. Just saying there is an old saying,
"If your good at something don't do it for free."

Venator

imported post

kevron2020 wrote:
money talks. If you have the money to spend on him to speak you must be serious. Where as if you don't have the money there is a big chance your not serious enough. I am not saying people on here aren't serious. From what I have read its quite the opposite. Just saying there is an old saying,
What? So then doctors without borders would be without doctors, the red cross would be without blood, etc...

Lots of people who are good at something donate their time and money to the causes they strongly believe in. If what you are proposing is true, then the world would be a lot worse off.

Ted takes care of Ted first. Which certainly is his prerogative, but when we makes a significant part of his livingoff his supposed love of the 2A, well then...

mikestilly

imported post

kevron2020 wrote:

To me that sounds a lot like the liberal interpretation of us common folk. It's the most horrible point of view someone can have. People who feel that dollar signs represent someones worth is really not worth the time or effort to deal with. Hollywood is full of self centered people who in the end really only care about themselves.

What was quoted above is very far from the truth and is the view of many liberals especially the ones in our current government. Rich elitists who feel that they need to create legislation for us commoners of which they are exempt from. The reality is TRUE PATRIOTS & real Americans could care less about money and net worth. I myself know several millionaire's who are willing to do things at no charge. I know a chief of emergency medicine he's a millionaire and he donates a lot of him time to children's groups and people who are less fortunate and helps support many grass roots right groups.

I grew up in a middle class family in a upper class neighborhood. My parents instilled in me as a child the importance of donating your time and money to good causes. Together we delivered food to the poor and participated in many walks and marches for good causes. I've donated money all my life even when I couldnt really afford it and now I have my son saving his money and donating it weekly to causes of his choice.

The problem with people today is the non-contributor class is growing. I hear it explained perfectly all the time by Andrew Wilkow and the Wilkow Majority. I won't go in to detail there but I think people will understand what I'm referring to.

I'll say it again the truth is the TRUE PATRIOTS & real Americans could care less about money and net worth. It's not about money and the people who feel that way are shallow and weak. There are plenty of people with unlimited flows of money that are true patriots. The best thing about this country is the vast majority are the most generous givers on the planet. The problem is the news only shows mostly greedy, self righteous, ungrateful celebs who I chose to turn the channel on. The quote above does explain liberals to a "T". They are good with other peoples money but when it comes to theirs HANDS OFF.

As for Ted Nugent he's said the right things and he at least speaks like a conservative and does positive things for charities and does work for 2A rights. He also donates a lot of him time for our troops. What you must understand is he's a celeb and with celebs talking with the publicist or the secretaries doesn't work at getting Ted's attention. The way to get him to appear for an affordable price or maybe free is to find someone who's connected to him. It's all about who you know and what is said in his ear. I can't really imagine how many people contact him for offers and opportunaties it could be in the thousands a week. The SAM is really currently under the mainstream radar and I'm sure at first glance it looks like a small event but if we were to find someone that knows Ted and can get in his ear he would be someone who would even donate his time for a good cause. Unfortunately even getting a job these days it's all about who you know. If I could give anyone advice is to get ahold of people who have the the known people's ears and thats the foot in the door that will get them to appear. Someone may want to try an contact Andrew Wilkow he is a 2A supporter who knows people like Glen Beck, Sean Hannity and people who would be willing to help out.

Mike

Venator

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
kevron2020 wrote:

To me that sounds a lot like the liberal interpretation of us common folk. It's the most horrible point of view someone can have. People who feel that dollar signs represent someones worth is really not worth the time or effort to deal with. Hollywood is full of self centered people who in the end really only care about themselves.

What was quoted above is very far from the truth and is the view of many liberals especially the ones in our current government. Rich elitists who feel that they need to create legislation for us commoners of which they are exempt from. The reality is TRUE PATRIOTS & real Americans could care less about money and net worth. I myself know several millionaire's who are willing to do things at no charge. I know a chief of emergency medicine he's a millionaire and he donates a lot of him time to children's groups and people who are less fortunate and helps support many grass roots right groups.

I grew up in a middle class family in a upper class neighborhood. My parents instilled in me as a child the importance of donating your time and money to good causes. Together we delivered food to the poor and participated in many walks and marches for good causes. I've donated money all my life even when I couldnt really afford it and now I have my son saving his money and donating it weekly to causes of his choice.

The problem with people today is the non-contributor class is growing. I hear it explained perfectly all the time by Andrew Wilkow and the Wilkow Majority. I won't go in to detail there but I think people will understand what I'm referring to.

I'll say it again the truth is the TRUE PATRIOTS & real Americans could care less about money and net worth. It's not about money and the people who feel that way are shallow and weak. There are plenty of people with unlimited flows of money that are true patriots. The best thing about this country is the vast majority are the most generous givers on the planet. The problem is the news only shows mostly greedy, self righteous, ungrateful celebs who I chose to turn the channel on. The quote above does explain liberals to a "T". They are good with other peoples money but when it comes to theirs HANDS OFF.

As for Ted Nugent he's said the right things and he at least speaks like a conservative and does positive things for charities and does work for 2A rights. He also donates a lot of him time for our troops. What you must understand is he's a celeb and with celebs talking with the publicist or the secretaries doesn't work at getting Ted's attention. The way to get him to appear for an affordable price or maybe free is to find someone who's connected to him. It's all about who you know and what is said in his ear. I can't really imagine how many people contact him for offers and opportunaties it could be in the thousands a week. The SAM is really currently under the mainstream radar and I'm sure at first glance it looks like a small event but if we were to find someone that knows Ted and can get in his ear he would be someone who would even donate his time for a good cause. Unfortunately even getting a job these days it's all about who you know. If I could give anyone advice is to get ahold of people who have the the known people's ears and thats the foot in the door that will get them to appear. Someone may want to try an contact Andrew Wilkow he is a 2A supporter who knows people like Glen Beck, Sean Hannity and people who would be willing to help out.

Mike
The founder of the March worked for Ted and has his personal email as well as his wife's, can't get much closer than that without being blood. Ted even emailed the the March's founder and said he would be in DC with us. Since then he has changed his mind and want's $45,000. The plain truth is for whatever reason Ted has flipped the March off.

I have also been in contact with Ted's manager and have tried to persuade Ted to be on our advisory board and have been rebuffed several times. So I'm guessing Ted is out.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

http://www.ammoland.com/2009/02/09/second-amendment-march/

Rock-n-roll legend and Second Amendment activist Ted Nugent reinforced MCRGO’s efforts by adding his enthusiastic support for the march: “A Million Gun Owner March on Washington DC in the Spring of 2010 is indeed building much steam across the hinterland. All pro-Second amendment groups must be on board and perfectly coordinated. I would be proud to rally, promote, lead and speak to whatever degree the people so honor me with.”

:quirky